Espresso Machine Idea

I have an idea for a commercial espresso machine where tne machine has two built in scales, one for weighing the grounds and one for weight the shot. If your shop makes a double espresso with 25g of coffee grounds to 45g of espresso shots, you would have one scale next to the steam wand to weight the ground and one under the basket to weight the shot. The best of my idea would be the ability to have the machine cut off from pouring when it reaches the weight you set it and you could customize the amounts based on the type of drink and save those settings onto different buttons.

NickDakota

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
I have an idea for a commercial espresso machine where tne machine has two built in scales, one for weighing the grounds and one for weight the shot. If your shop makes a double espresso with 25g of coffee grounds to 45g of espresso shots, you would have one scale next to the steam wand to weight the ground and one under the basket to weight the shot. The best of my idea would be the ability to have the machine cut off from pouring when it reaches the weight you set it and you could customize the amounts based on the type of drink and save those settings onto different buttons.

It’s already commercially available. Victoria Arduino has a Mythos II Gravimetric Grinder that doses by weight with a scale built into the portafilter holder. The Black Eagle Gravimetric doses to a desired gram weight after automatically taring the cups you place on the integrated scale below.
I have this exact setup on my demo counter right now!
7689f0a33e1f09017a3715ecbbe49e4b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk