Delonghi Magnifica slow switch from steam to coffee

Vodkaneat

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I've just purchased a second-hand Delonghi Magnifica. I'm loving it, although maybe drink less coffee now for fear of cardiac arrest (you sure notice the caffeine from beans compared to instant coffee!).

As far as I can tell, my machine is working great, apart from one aspect. Once I've steamed milk and want to switch back to making coffee, it's taking about 5 minutes for the lights to stop flashing and the machine to be ready again. It's a lot quicker to turn it off and back on, even waiting for the self-clean process only takes about 30 seconds.

This wait time seems strange, so I thought I should ask if anyone can comment who may know if this is normal, or a pending issue perhaps.

Apart from that, I'm very happy with the machine, I may one day get a tulip on the top of my latte :)

Vodkaneat

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
I can answer my own post :)

I spoke to Delonghi online, they said to switch to coffee mode and let off the steam until water is released.

This seems to work, as soon as the steam turns to water and the steam is closed off, the coffee becomes available after about 5 seconds - ideal :)