Thoughts on a Lelit Bianca

czcusco

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
I’ve been saving up and putting some money aside to fund my hobbies. So far I know I would eventually want a plumb line capable dual boiler espresso machine with PID to control temp. Been seeing a lot of YouTube reviews from Taiwan on Lelit Bianca and the ability for shot profiling.

Originally I was saving up for a machine like the Rocket R58, till this caught my eyes.

Of course I would also need to save up for a nice grinder as well. So a couple of questions comes to mind:

I was recommended and thinking to get the Sette 270 grinder for my current Breville 870 setup to use.

Would this grinder be good for me to use when I upgrade later on to the Lelit?

Also, what do you think of the Lelit Bianca and would you recommend something else around the $3K range?

Thoughts?

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
If I can justify it, the machine that I would get is the Lelit Bianca. First, it's absolutely gorgeous. But I've heard it makes incredible espresso and the dual boilers makes it easy to make milk drinks. I want one so freaking bad. As for a grinder, I'd upgrade your grinder option to a Niche Zero. It's a single dose machine that gets rave reviews. Whether I get a Lelit Bianca or a Cafelat Robot, I'm getting the Niche Zero.

TangyWasabi

Mar 25, 2020
East Coast USA
Visit site
As the one who recommended the Sette, I’d also have to say that if your upgrading with a larger budget then the Niche Zero is most definitely the way to go, it is also a single dosing grinder with very low retention (same as the Sette). The major difference the two is burr size, the Niche Zero has the same comical burrs found in the Mazzer Kony, which is a $2,000 grinder. Needless to say, they Niches burrs are very capable. As for the Bianca it is an absolutely beautiful machine that is packed with features for its cost, profiling doesn’t come cheap! I actually think it’s such a good deal I just recently ordered one myself! Rocket also makes some beautiful machines but as I said earlier, Lelits Bianca is just much better value for the dollar; you won’t find a Rocket machine with profiling capabilities for even close to the same price. (if they’re even out there)

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
The grind quality with the NZ might be quite good, but some users have apparently had a few issues with them and for me there's no way I could stand looking at one regardless of function. Also find it funny that some still recommend the Sette... maybe one of these years Baratza will actually get it to perform well for more than a few years as those things have proven to be very short term. Granted Baratza has always been innovative and of course their fanboys go on and on about their fantastic customer service. That doesn't balance out a lousy product though.

czcusco

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
OMG.. envy... congrats on your Lelit Bianca. Please do share photos and feedbacks when you get it.

I should also mention that Niche is giving away a Niche Zero grinder right now on their Instagram if your interested in trying to win one. Best of luck!

i'm following them on IG now. but i don't see the link to enter for the drawing? I do see they have the indigogo for the black version for $624.

@shadow745: then which other type of grinder would you recommend that i could use for my current Breville 870 and for future use on the Lelit Bianca?

TangyWasabi

Mar 25, 2020
East Coast USA
Visit site
They have a post a few days old with the giveaway entry information. Some other tried and true grinders are the Macap m4, Mazzer Mini, Mazzer Super-Jolly and Mazzer Major just to name a few. Some other manufacturers to look at would be Eureka and Ceado, I don’t know anything about their grinder but plenty of people love the results from them. I personally would still recommend the Niche, while some people may have had issue with it that’s to be expected from any product. The major problem people seemed to have with the Niche was its popcorning and they have since addressed that with the addition of a disk above the burrs. Looks are also definitely dependent on the individual and I think the NZ looks great.

czcusco

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
They have a post a few days old with the giveaway entry information. Some other tried and true grinders are the Macap m4, Mazzer Mini, Mazzer Super-Jolly and Mazzer Major just to name a few. Some other manufacturers to look at would be Eureka and Ceado, I don’t know anything about their grinder but plenty of people love the results from them. I personally would still recommend the Niche, while some people may have had issue with it that’s to be expected from any product. The major problem people seemed to have with the Niche was its popcorning and they have since addressed that with the addition of a disk above the burrs. Looks are also definitely dependent on the individual and I think the NZ looks great.

yea i saw some post about NZ pop corning and some had 3D printed solutions to fix that. btw, where did you buy your Lelit from? It seems that only 1st-line and Clive Coffee offers that. not sure if any others offers it? i'm looking to see which companies offers the better warranty and any discount or credits that i can use towards a grinder as well. thanks.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
yea i saw some post about NZ pop corning and some had 3D printed solutions to fix that. btw, where did you buy your Lelit from? It seems that only 1st-line and Clive Coffee offers that. not sure if any others offers it? i'm looking to see which companies offers the better warranty and any discount or credits that i can use towards a grinder as well. thanks.

If I'm not mistaken Niche has developed a device that prevents the popcorning and ships all new grinders with the device installed. And I agree. I think the thing looks fantastitc. Most of the high end grinders look all indsutrial. I can't stand that. A Lelit Bianca and a Niche Zero. A dream come true.

TangyWasabi

Mar 25, 2020
East Coast USA
Visit site
All the Niches now come with a disk to reduce popcorning, and I bought my Bianca from 1st-line as they’re fairly close and have a good reputation. Clives coffee also has a good reputation though so you can’t go wrong with either.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
All the Niches now come with a disk to reduce popcorning, and I bought my Bianca from 1st-line as they’re fairly close and have a good reputation. Clives coffee also has a good reputation though so you can’t go wrong with either.

That's a great shop. When I was shopping for an espresso machine I went in and they gave me the rundown on the different machines. Congrats on the acquisition!