Help Please: La Pavoni Europiccola - 8 (Lever hard to raise and other issues)

Please advise me on these couple issues. Machine is 2012 era - bought new then and have never serviced it (used daily, but have only ever used distilled water).

1) Issue 1 - Lever has gotten harder and harder to raise over time. Pulling it down is still normal pressure as always, but raising it has gotten to be a massive challenge.
    2) Issue 2 - lately the machine will make one fine shot in the AM, but then not work for subsequent shots (after it is heated up more).

Many thanks -

Kevin

Levers typically have seal(s) on the piston and really need to be cleaned/lubricated at least a few times yearly. That will ensure long seal life and smooth movement. Your piston seals might need to be replaced and a quality food grade lube like Dow Corning 111 is tops for that type of maintenance.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Thanks Shadow 745. So a few times per year, I need to remove lever and top setting screws and lube the seals and walls of the sleeve?

With the Cremina I had I would remove the piston and wipe it and the cylinder wall thoroughly and then apply a thin film to just the piston seals and reassemble. I would also recommend adding a bit of that lube to the piston shaft as it comes into contact with seals at the top of the cylinder as well. That will keep things smooth and will prolong seal life.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links