Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hi guys! Coming back to thank you again for all the comments, they def helped me to reach a final decision.

The whole idea of a combo burr grinder + aeropress is **excellent** and I'd have totally gone for it if it weren't for my chronic pain issues that would've prob made it annoying for me to do the whole pressing job.

So instead, considering my budget and the importance of crema for me even if not always with the best kinds of coffee, I went with an entry-level DeLonghi ECP3620 for 150$ (Canadian dollars). Did my first coffee with it today and, though I can certainly see myself wanting to get better machines in the future that give me more control over it, I have to say I'm quite happy with the results

No matter which option you choose, you should be buying whole bean coffee and grinding it right before consumption. Coffee loses 75% of it's flavor within 15 minutes of grinding, whether you are a trained Q-grader or not, the taste is noticeably worse buying pre-ground coffee. Of course, taste is subjective and maybe you've grown fond of this "flavor", but I highly recommend getting whole bean coffee beans and grinding them fresh for the most crema and flavor. All of these machines will thank you

Hey! I read a great article on this website called https://bestespressobeans.net/ ! You should take a good look at it! I ended up buying the DeLonghi EC 680M in the end! I love this machine!
    Last edited by station91; 10-24-2020 at 02:10 AM.

I'll help!

You can find a good machine on this website!
    bestespressobeans(dot)net

Happy Caffeinating!

Quote Originally Posted by expresso1948 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm really happy to have found this forum! I've been meaning to get into the espresso world for a while already, but only now I have a minimum budget to at least get my self a basic, entry-level machine. It's quite basic, I know, but better than nada.

Anyway, the thing is I've been having a hard time choosing, especially between different models of Delonghi and Breville machines, which all seem to have their potential downsides.

So here are my main questions:

- De'Longhi ECP3220R:
    my favorite at first... but I've read that it won't go well with an espresso grind because it's too fine? Does that mean that if I buy a previously ground coffee, say a super basic one like Lavazza Premium or Lavazza Crema and Gusto, is it going to be too fine for it? Is the pressure-based portafilter a very negative thing in anyway?

- De'Longhi ECO310R Icona: if the answer for the first question is yes, than is it also true for this model? Also, I've read reviews on Amazon saying that this machine, though robust-looking and more expensive than the previous one, seems to be more prone to technical problems and failure. Is that really so? There is a sale now and they are BOTH the same price, so I'd be inclined for this one, but... should I?

- Breville Roma Machine
    : is there any advantage on the Breville compared to those too? Does the fact that it's not a pressure-based portafilter make its crema any better?

My main concerns
    :
    - not the frother, but really the crema quality, the reliability of the machine, and being able to use typical espresso brands, pre-ground, that we find in the supermarket.

Thanks so much in advance and feel free to suggest any other machine on the same price-range (I'm in Canada btw, so some European models may be unavailable..)

Rafael.

Exactly! Which grinder would you recommend should a home owner use?

Excellent choice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links