Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3

    Help Please: I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help

    I have a EM-200 espresso maker. the copper part and the rubber connector connect to it in the picture circled need replaced.
    does anyone know where i can order these parts and what's their names/model #?
    is it the solenoid valve (120v)?
    the parts are the valve from downstream of water pump. it's broken so the steam just released into the back/inside of the machine rather than the coffee brew head.
    thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-3.jpg   Help Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-4.jpg   Help Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-1.jpg   Help Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-2.jpg  
    Last edited by martingale; 11-22-2020 at 04:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by martingale View Post
    I have a EM-200 espresso maker. the copper part and the rubber connector connect to it in the picture circled need replaced.
    does anyone know where i can order these parts and what's their names/model #?
    is it the solenoid valve (120v)?
    the parts are the valve from downstream of water pump. it's broken so the steam just released into the back/inside of the machine rather than the coffee brew head.
    thanks
    i managed to find that the valve is solenoid valve, made by italy. serial # 9000
    OLAB-italy COIL 6000BHS/C6RU-UI, SERIE 9000. 120v. 60Hz
    ED 100%, TF 135C TA 80C 230 psi

    but olab does not give a spec on it's inlet valve size or thread info.

    and i can't find information about the valve keeper connect to it.
    is it called valve keeper or retainer?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Hi Martingale. I also have a broken fitting on my Cuisinart too. Mine looks the same as yours except it was the inner one that split off. From what I gather searching for the solenoid the brass part is threaded for 1/8" British Standard Pipe Thread (BSPT). I haven't found any replacement plastic fittings in my searches yet and I went into a few espresso repair shops and came up empty handed. Have you found any replacement fittings or a replacement solenoid with fittings attached? Doesn't seem like these are made to be repaired. It also seems like the plastic fittings are not the best design. I was looking at the fittings on McMaster Carr and contemplating ordering one up to see if I can get it to work but I'm not sure if it'll do the trick (part number 5305K23: Yor-Lok stainless 4mm compression fitting to 1/8" BSPP fitting). I'm pretty sure the tubing is 4mm outer diameter but the part that has a reinforcement insert is pushed out a bit larger than 4mm. I think the brass collar on the tubing would also have to be cut off for this to work. So I'm curious if you've made headway in fixing yours?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by cafe_noob View Post
    Hi Martingale. I also have a broken fitting on my Cuisinart too. Mine looks the same as yours except it was the inner one that split off. From what I gather searching for the solenoid the brass part is threaded for 1/8" British Standard Pipe Thread (BSPT). I haven't found any replacement plastic fittings in my searches yet and I went into a few espresso repair shops and came up empty handed. Have you found any replacement fittings or a replacement solenoid with fittings attached? Doesn't seem like these are made to be repaired. It also seems like the plastic fittings are not the best design. I was looking at the fittings on McMaster Carr and contemplating ordering one up to see if I can get it to work but I'm not sure if it'll do the trick (part number 5305K23: Yor-Lok stainless 4mm compression fitting to 1/8" BSPP fitting). I'm pretty sure the tubing is 4mm outer diameter but the part that has a reinforcement insert is pushed out a bit larger than 4mm. I think the brass collar on the tubing would also have to be cut off for this to work. So I'm curious if you've made headway in fixing yours?
    no cafe_noob.
    i didn't find the plastic connector anywhere, went to local hardware store and was told to contact manufacturer. contacted cuisinart and they told me they don't disclose the part number, they can only repair for me if I mail it back.
    the part is probably only 30 cents, really no point.
    didn't find any fit on aliexpress as well. or ebay. or anywhere.
    plan to donate this to charity or someone who might know how to fix it.
    i do found the solenoid on ebay and by looking through the solenoid manufacturer's website. it's from Italy btw.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Thanks. That's interesting that Cuisinart offered to repair it. I didn't think they'd be set up for repair jobs. I found a 1/8" to 4mm compression fitting in 304 stainless on aliexpress for less than a dollar so I went ahead and ordered a few. They'll take a month to get here but they're cheap enough it's not a big risk if it doesn't work out. If they're the right size the job should be pretty easy so I'll see when they get here. I can let you know how it goes if you're interested. Cheers.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1
    When you get your part, let us know if it works/fits. Mine did the same thing, except it was on the other side of the valve. It would probably be best to replace all three of them. Two on the valve, and one on the pump.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2
    Hi both, i my cuisinart em200 did break as yours this evening , i'm trying to find those parts you are talking in a local store (hopefully as i live in an island and mail take waay long) and i'll let you know if works. By the pictures may i have to rework a little those small fu--rs, the screw lenght seems mismatch from photos, i also had to remove the broken teflon inside the brass valve which as been a pain.


    in case those will not work i can try to find someone who can 3d print it
    Last edited by alderanmau; 01-11-2021 at 08:36 PM.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2

    Fixed!

    ok so i did fix the coffee maker cuisinart EM-200, i removed the teflon screw broken from the pump Help Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-4ef96326-3d1b-4731-8dd2-68a70a840fb0.jpgHelp Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-cad02fe0-b62d-4fa6-8dee-f035ffde4c4a.jpg
    as the one i found was too big and didn't fit in the spot of the broken one, i used a compressor piece i think made of brassHelp Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-571ff6ff-8951-4fc6-b03b-16f0bae614e8.jpg i had to remove some brass from the hole as the 4mm tube didn't fit in.
    You also have to remove the inlet and the ring from the original tubeHelp Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-d2fe07da-1593-4ee2-b47f-b42c01fecc40.jpg and use the inlet as a stopper inside the new cap as the brass cone didn't work with this rigid tube.
    In the meanwhile i also found that the Breville Espresso machine BES820 Help Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-x5vp8cs8h7741.jpguse the same connector and also the same solenoid if someone else need spare part can try searching for that machine as well.

    i add the link to the spare part needapart.co.nz/buy-online/breville-espresso-machine-magnetic-valve-connection-10130119

    REMEMBER TO PUT THE O-RING AROUND THE TUBE BEFORE TRY TO FIT IT INSIDE THE ORIGINAL TEFLON SCREWS OR IT CAN LEAK
    Last edited by alderanmau; 01-12-2021 at 02:05 PM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    That's great that you got yours fixed alderanmau.

    I received my fittings from the aliexpress vendor. Took a month to arrive but now they're here (I bought 3 in case I need to replace others and since they were a dollar each may as well get extras) and I just put my machine back together. The new fitting worked for me (1/8" BSPT Male 304 Stainless Steel 4mm Double Ferrule Compression Fitting). Same as you, I also took out the reinforcement insert and brass collar off the tube. I also had to cut the tube back as it was a bit deformed where the brass collar was. Then I put the nut and double ferrule on the tube and tightened it onto the fitting (I used 3/4 tight from finger tight same as what Swagelok guide recommends for their double ferrule fittings). On the solenoid side BSPT I used a bit of teflon tape and tightened the fitting in. It seems to be holding up fine for my preliminary testing. On my machine the failed fitting was the back one on the solenoid so the toughest part was partly disassembling the machine and removing the sides to get good access to the tubing to put the new fitting on. I wound up leaving the solenoid off the mounting bracket afterwards as it didn't seem like there was enough flex in the line to put it back and it seems to be fine hanging there.
    Help Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-20210122_205034.jpgHelp Please:  I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help-20210122_205132.jpg

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by gellenb View Post
    When you get your part, let us know if it works/fits. Mine did the same thing, except it was on the other side of the valve. It would probably be best to replace all three of them. Two on the valve, and one on the pump.
    Yeah, maybe I should've just replaced both of them while I had it apart but I wanted to see if it'd work with the one first. Once I saw it working again I figured I'd leave it be and make sure I can enjoy my coffee tomorrow. Maybe I'll replace the other one on the solenoid soon. At least the one I left untouched is easily accessible from the back without having to turn the machine upside down and remove the base and side. With two new fittings I don't think there would be a chance the solenoid will fit back on the bracket but I think it's fine to leave it free floating.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Common Toper issues? Toper replacement parts I should have?
    By erocifeller in forum Coffee Roasters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2017, 03:14 PM
  2. Moccamaster vs Cuisinart
    By daillest319 in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 11:32 AM
  3. Cuisinart vs Keurig
    By cofee7 in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2015, 08:01 AM
  4. Cuisinart SS700
    By JawgaPeach in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 03:56 PM
  5. Cuisinart EM-200 Any Good?
    By 3CatsNoMice in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM