Replacing a Gaggia Baby

Hello,

I am looking to replace my old trusted second hand Gaggia Baby after a pump breakdown. I believe this time the breakdown is finite.....
    Replacement machine must be automatic, simple to clean and take apart for any potential part replacement. The simpler the build and design the better.
    I would love the machine to be tall enough to fit a regular size mug for a quick machine-to-mug americano. Dont do latte.
    Budget wise - ideally below £300. Would consider refurbished, second hand - I am UK based.

Your expert recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Last edited by Kristinare; 01-31-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Since you said the machine needs to be manual I'd suggest a Cafelat Robot. They have gotten great reviews and seem to be favored among the lever machines. Another option is the La Pavoni Europicola. Another lever machine that gets great reviews and has the added benefit of making steam for frothing milk in case you want to make an occassional latte or cappuccino. Good luck.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    Since you said the machine needs to be manual I'd suggest a Cafelat Robot. They have gotten great reviews and seem to be favored among the lever machines. Another option is the La Pavoni Europicola. Another lever machine that gets great reviews and has the added benefit of making steam for frothing milk in case you want to make an occassional latte or cappuccino. Good luck.
    Thank you! Oh sorry, seems I made a mistake there, I didn't mean as manual as the robot. Something similar to the Gaggia, without all those fancy control panels and a million of buttons. I should say automatic?
    Last edited by Kristinare; 01-31-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristinare View Post
    Thank you! Oh sorry, seems I made a mistake there, I didn't mean as manual as the robot. Something similar to the Gaggia, without all those fancy control panels and a million of buttons. I should say automatic?
    I'm guessing you really mean semi-automatic. Your Gaggia Baby is semi-automatic. Why not go for the next step up and get a Gaggia Classic Pro. It's only a few quid more than your indicated max budget amount. It's a good machine.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    I'm guessing you really mean semi-automatic. Your Gaggia Baby is semi-automatic. Why not go for the next step up and get a Gaggia Classic Pro. It's only a few quid more than your indicated max budget amount. It's a good machine.
    Yes, exactly. I've had a look into various machines and it will be the Classic I am going for

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links