Help Please: Saeco Xelsis SM7685 Milk Frothing Issues

Npitt64

Apr 11, 2021
Visit site
Hi All

New to the forum! I just purchased a lightly used Xelsis SM7685. Love the machine but super disappointed in the lack of foam on the milk drinks. I’ve deep cleaned the milk system as per Saeco recommendations, descaled the machine and pulled the cappuccino apart (soaked the parts in hot soapy water) and reinstalled. When I select only frothed milk it pulls in the milk and delivers only 115 deg milk with no froth. Saeco support was useless as expected. Has anybody experienced this and what was the solution? Thanks for your help!

Npitt64

Apr 11, 2021
Visit site
Well I found the technical manual and pulled it apart. I found something had leaked down into the air pin assembly. Inside the assembly is a metal disk with a tiny pinhole which the cappucinore needs to draw in air. I used a needle to clean it out and reassembled. I now have a fully functional machine which makes awesome frothed milk and the admiration of my latte loving wife! :)

rocktheroad

Sep 7, 2021
Tampa
Visit site
I have the same problem. Where I can find the technical manual? I believe something is clogged, but the steam is working as usual when I do a clean cycle. I’ve tried running hygiene clean cycle without cappuccino and I noticed two white pipes, and steam coming mostly from the left one…

Last edited:

Npitt64

Apr 11, 2021
Visit site
Here you go.....https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdxbTfjYIrxbS4mNfZpY6ZjCCK9jcmcU/view

I'm willing to bet the air pin assembly is blocked. Compressed air was not enough to get mine clean and i had to use a sharp needle.

Good luck!

dkama2608

Sep 8, 2021
Illinois
Visit site
Well I found the technical manual and pulled it apart. I found something had leaked down into the air pin assembly. Inside the assembly is a metal disk with a tiny pinhole which the cappucinore needs to draw in air. I used a needle to clean it out and reassembled. I now have a fully functional machine which makes awesome frothed milk and the admiration of my latte loving wife! :)
I also have that problem and can’t find the technical manual anywhere. Where did you find it? Thank you!

marcello78

Dec 14, 2021
Poland
Visit site
Hi. Do you mean this part?
1639529708385.png

Abacus01

Dec 11, 2022
Northport ny
Visit site
So i see you need to remove three small rubber caps. What kind of screwdriver do i need to remove those 4 screws to remove the top of the machine. Also if that piece is removed is it enought to get to that milk froth pinhole assembly to clear it with a need. No air is going into my milk

alireza

Feb 28, 2023
Amsterdam
Visit site
I just started having same issue, clean cappuccinatore every day, did deep milk clean with cleaning powder, do hygiene cleaning after every use, still no more froth. Worked great for 2 years. How do I get to this air pin assembly ? Do I need to take the whole machine apart ? Mechanically challenged somewhat 😒 but will attempt anything at this point to get it to froth again. Thanks
No, you don't need to take the whole machine apart. You just need to unscrew 3 screws on top of your machine each under rubber caps. Then you will be able to open it from top and access the cappuccinatore.

P.S. it might be a bit difficult to access the metal disk if you have big fingers! in that case, try opening another set of 3 screws holding the valves in place.

BocaRe

Dec 23, 2022
Toronto
Visit site
is there any recommendation on what type of milk to use. Regular milk of2% or 3%
Starbucks people, they use 2% milk.
any suggestion before we get into dismantling frothers

kalpik

Apr 30, 2023
Netherlands
Visit site
Hello!

I have the same issue, and I have tried even cleaning the air pin assembly. Took it all apart and deep cleaned everything. Still no foam. Do you think it could be the cappuccinatore? It makes a funny sound when dispensing milk.

Thanks

Npitt64

Apr 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello!

I have the same issue, and I have tried even cleaning the air pin assembly. Took it all apart and deep cleaned everything. Still no foam. Do you think it could be the cappuccinatore? It makes a funny sound when dispensing milk.

Thanks
It took me 2 times to clean that pin hole sufficiently- compressed air was not enough and I used a needle. Of course disassembly of the cappuccino assembly is simple - soak it in warm water with some milk cleaner and rinse! Good luck!