Thread: Mukka Express

Mukka Express

Has anyone tried the mukka express by Bialetti. What are your thoughts?

Super Moderator
    i have never heard of mukka...did you mean mokka? Bialetti make nice stove top epsresso makers...They can be quite pricey though. I had a friend go to Italy about 10 years ago...she knew that I thought these where smart looking pots...so she bought me 3 different sized ones...I said holy crap you shouldn't have done that..see in the states they where running between $40- $80 depending on the size...she said they cost her about 15 dollars each over there...so if you can pick them up cheap go for it....we are talking about the S/S stove top espresso makers?
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

This is their new pot that is a cappuccino maker. The stove top now has a place to add milk that it froths. The only place I have seen them being sold is at Crate n Barrel for about $80. The Bialetti web site has a demo video. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and if it really works as well as it does in their demo.

I just got a Mukka on eBay and this little thing is amazing! I am the only coffee drinker in the house, so I wanted a maker to brew just a small amount. The Mukka will brew a GREAT cup of cappuccino in just a few minutes, complete with frothed milk. It also makes a latte, but the latte doesn't have as much froth, so I prefer the cappuccino. You can see the demonstration on their website:

http://www.bialettishop.com/MukkaMain.h ... GgodUShegA

It works exactly as shown in the video, but you'll quickly learn the fine details, like not adding TOO much espresso in the filter and adding EXACTLY the amounts of water and milk they suggest. [/img]

I bought one for my wife for Christmas and this thing is so so good. I highly recommend it.

Does exactly what it claims and is very simple to use and clean.

Just follow the directions carefully and let the pot sit on the burner for about 30 seconds after the frothing is done.

It really is that good!!!

Sal

I don't use the mukka but I do have their new Brikka, a stovetop espresso maker.(I don't drink cappuccino ) I love it. The only gripe I have is that it only makes 4 cups( that's 1.5oz cups which is really 3 real cups for me). Still I use it every weekend and it makes a very decent home brew espresso. Very easy to use and quick. I believe the Mukka is based on the same mechanism but for cappuccino.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links