Krups vs Bunn - Advice needed and appreciated :-)

Gazuk

Jan 3, 2006
Visit site
Hello everyone and happy new year :)

My new years resolution is to stop drinking instant coffee and take a small step to better coffee. I want a machine that will make good filtered coffee. From my research so far (which was tough as the coffee stuff can get complicated people!!) I've narrowed it down to the following;

Krups Crystal Arome Time Plus
Bunn BT10B 10-Cup

I'm looking to buy a grinder too and buy the beans whole and would appreciate some recommendations that won't need to me to sell my kidney on ebay. Good idea or not needed?

Thanks for your time everyone. Appreciate any response, even if its to tell me not to sell my kidney.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Quite honestly there really is no high end drip coffee machine. I tell people if you have the money to spend buy a Bunn commercial unit like a CDBC coffee brewer or the older version CWTF machine. When these units brake it's just a matter of a few calls to find the local tech in your area to fix it. From my experiance even rebuilt Bunn commercial coffee brewers tend to run fine for 5 to 10 years.

Thats just my personal opionion though. I probably wouldn't get the Bunn BT10B 10-Cup, it's a thermal unit so unless you preheat the carafe you coffee will go cold rather quick on the 1st batch. The rest of the batches you make will stay warm for very long periods becuase the carafe was preheated with your 1st batch of coffee.

Gazuk

Jan 3, 2006
Visit site
Cheers for getting back to me. $500 is bit more than I was thinking of paying. At the moment I'm drinking instant so anything would be an improvement.

How do French presses rate vs drip coffee?

Budget wise less than $200 for the machine and 100 for the grinder.