commercial equipment

sisupagrl5o4

Jan 6, 2006
Houston, TX
Visit site
Please let me know if anyone has information on the quality of Rancilio machines, espresso and grinders.
Also, if how many grinders are necessary for a coffee shop?
And how many brewers? which brewer is more efficient, the one that holds the product in the actual brewer or in airpots/carafes?
THANKS ALL~!!!

WABASH coffee
Houston, TX

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Rancilio is a good machine. I would stay away from the epoca but every thing else is nice. Their grinders are pretty good too. The MD-50 seems to be a little more precise on grinding but man do I love the MD-80. No waiting on the grinder with this big guy!

2 espresso grinders (regular and decaf)
2 bulk grinders only if you are going to sale flavored beans, if not just one.
1 brewer. Fetco or Bunn would be my first choices. I would probably look at the CBS 2052. It’s a dual 1.5 gallon machine, which would cover your bases pretty well.

On top of that it will leave you with room to grow. I've seen many people who use them to brew in to airpots, and when they get busy they switch over to the 1.5 gallon Luxus.

DavesLT

Nov 6, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
Ditto to CCaffee's answer with two exceptions and one caution:

Start with one espresso grinder for regular and pregrind your decaf in the AM. If the demand is high enough, add a second grinder for decaf.

FETCO is good, but BUNN seems to be in the parts business. If you had ever been responsible for servicing their equipent you would understand this. I highly recommend the Wilbur Curtis machines which are built like tanks.

and now the caution: Altough the Rancillio machine may be great, if you don't have any local support, i.e., parts and service, find another brand that does.

Ciao and good luck, Dave

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
does anyone have an opinion about the "Brazilia 2 group 9l bioler machine" I have a wega and Two magisters, I really do like the magisters, but my vendor wants me to try the Barzilia at the next store.

DavesLT

Nov 6, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
Brasilia Espresso Machines

Muddycup said:
does anyone have an opinion about the "Brazilia 2 group 9l bioler machine" I have a wega and Two magisters, I really do like the magisters, but my vendor wants me to try the Barzilia at the next store.

Jim,
I have been selling and servicing Brasilia espresso machines for almost twenty years and I can definitely second the opinion of your local vendor. They also have a complete supply of parts in stock in the USA, something that most espresso machine company's can't offer.

Depending on the product mix at your shop, you may wish to look at their Gradisca or Century models which have 12 Liter boilers, elevated group heads to fascilitate brewing shots directly into to-go cups, and larger steam wands. They also have pre-infusion heads.

You can click thru my website directly to Rosito-Bisani's website (the Brasilia importer to the US) or read about them on my website.

Email me if you have any other questions. -Dave