nespresso romeo vs Gaggia Classic Espresso

timmycoyne

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Any thoughs about these machines ?
i tried the nespesso machine and was happy witht he taste of the expresso.easy clean up

please give me input

Thanks
tim

whfite

Oct 28, 2004
Florida
Visit site
Nespresso?

Many will sneer at the Nespresso system but it has its place in a busy life. The main advantages are convenience and consistency. It won't make the best you ever drank but at 6 AM you can't really appreciate the best you ever drank, now can you?

Parts Guru

Jan 1, 2005
Lansale, PA
Visit site
Any thoughs about these machines ?
i tried the nespesso machine and was happy witht he taste of the expresso.easy clean up

please give me input

Thanks
tim

There is no comparison. If you care for quality, go with any semi automatic or fully automatic model that uses freah beans. Pods and other prepared extracts are commercial alternatives and that is not espresso. You can be better off using Folgers without the need for purchasing a coffee dispenser.

Firenze

Aug 6, 2006
East Coast
Visit site
There is no comparison. If you care for quality, go with any semi automatic or fully automatic model that uses freah beans. Pods and other prepared extracts are commercial alternatives and that is not espresso. You can be better off using Folgers without the need for purchasing a coffee dispenser.

In my opinion, this post is completely false. I'm certain they have never tried the Nespresso Romeo. At the moment I own a Saeco Vienna Deluxe super automatic. Because of the numerous times I have had our machine in the shop being fixed (3 so far), I decided to look at other options. After countless hours of research, I went to Williams Sonoma to try the Jura Capresso F9, Saeco Incanto Sirius and the Nespresso Romeo, which were all set up and ready to go. The Jura and Saeco had Illy beans and a mostly arabica bean capsule was selected for the Nespresso Romeo. The results (in small paper cups) was that the Nespresso's crema was far superior to that of the other two, which, in my opinion, resulted in a much better espresso. Believe me, I was skeptical about pre-ground espresso beans too, but the way that Nespresso seals their capsules, it resulted in a much better espresso. You cannot compare them to pods since they are individually hermetically sealed.

Sooo, to make a long story a bit longer: If you don't want the fuss and mess of grinding the beans and pulling your own shots, get a Nespresso machine. The quality of espresso is top notch, and much less can go wrong with the machine.

Parts Guru

Jan 1, 2005
Lansale, PA
Visit site
Nespresso

"Sooo, to make a long story a bit longer: If you don't want the fuss and mess of grinding the beans and pulling your own shots, get a Nespresso machine. The quality of espresso is top notch, and much less can go wrong with the machine".

My research of 11 years includes serving several thousand espresso & espresso based drinks, attending several seminars, speaking at several seminars and hands on experience of repairing all makes and sizes of espresso machines. All of that gives me enough cool to understand that experience and research of others can show different results.

I am selling my Vienna superautomatica on eBay. Once it is sold, I will be a regular customer at the nearest McDonalds for the most convenient, no fuss no muss coffee every day. I will also get a free smile and a thank you too.