Espresso Machine for Home

I just bought a Breville Cafe Roma ... and it does not work! It may be defective as the the problem is that no water is going through the filter - with or without grounds in it.

I am looking for a home-use espresso machine in the $200 range (university student ... can't afford anything more!). If anyone has any recommendations, that would be great. I would consider replacing this one if this is just a defect ... and I have also been looking at a Krups XP4020 if anyone has advice on that as well. Thanks!

Oh yeah ... I was also wondering if anyone who owns a Breville Cafe Roma finds it to be a noisy machine? Are all home espresso pump machines noisy? Thanks.

hmm

not familiar with the specific model but some come with caps that are esspentially plugs which enable you to close the valve to the basket and steam...with out it no steam
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Re: Espresso Machine for Home

I just bought a Breville Cafe Roma ... and it does not work! It may be defective as the the problem is that no water is going through the filter - with or without grounds in it.

I am looking for a home-use espresso machine in the $200 range (university student ... can't afford anything more!). If anyone has any recommendations, that would be great. I would consider replacing this one if this is just a defect ... and I have also been looking at a Krups XP4020 if anyone has advice on that as well. Thanks!
    My recommendation is to purchase a refurbished Saeco Semiautomatic Espresso (there are four or five models). All have a pressurized portafilter for good extraction and will be within your budget (Between $150 to 200 . You can also look at Gaggia semi-automatic models. Gaggia models do not come with pressurized portafilters and using standard portafilters may need some knowledge of how to make the best espresso out of them.
    Solis, Jura, Capresso have exclusive arrangements for service and parts. Keep away from exclusives.
    Passionate about Coffee and coffee makers. Enjoy sharing experience in repairs and improving knowledge about Specialty coffees.

Getting to this a little late, but I have a Cafe Roma. It is a noisy machine, but I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

As to the water not coming out, are you sure you allowed the machine to properly heat up? I thought my machine wasn't working when I first purchased it. I also find that I need to regularly run the filter basket through my dishwasher or it will clog - weekly at a bare minimum.

Breville Roma - no water

Hello,

I just bought a Breville Rome and it looks like the pump is broken since no water is coming out. Did you end up returning your espresso maker?

Thanks,
    Tina

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links