Melitta burr grinder?

haytoniaho

Jun 21, 2006
NJ
Visit site
Wow this is exactly the same one i was looking at before a friend suggested i think again. Just type in Melitta Burr Grinders, Reviews in google and see what you get...

What you'll get is a lot of bad reviews unfortunately :( its cheap but its grind is not consistent...described as "dust and boulders" if i remember correctly. The conclusion I drew was to follow the reviewers advice and save for a better grinder.

This is the grinder I'm going to go with, im pretty excited about it! Its not that expensive but does a top quality job from what ive heard:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/coffee/G ... 01US.shtml

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I'd Agree!!!

The Bodum Antigua is the cheapest (but good) conical burr grinder you'll find. WholeLatteLove has it for around $60. You can use it for pretty much any form of coffee preparation, even espresso, but some say they have to modify it to do so. Anyway, you get what you pay for. I'd stay away from the cheaper models you'll see in places like Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Even if you don't grind for espresso or Turkish now you might someday, so get something decent and you won't regret it later.

Later!

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
Right now I just have a Cuisinart $50 burr grinder but haven't moved to espresso or turkish. Maybe turkish but espresso requires to much machinery and clean up.