suitcase coffee maker?

Tom

May 5, 2006
Texas
Visit site
I'm taking on a job where I travel constantly. I'm looking for a rugged coffee maker that I can stick into a suitcase, and will survive airport baggage handlers. Any ideas?

Thanks...

Tom in Texas

javayankee

Well, for a manual type , maybe the Aeropress, or a thermal travel mug/frenchpress device. There used to be a small electric drip machine made for travel, but the name escapes me at the moment...

-s

Tom said:
I'm taking on a job where I travel constantly. I'm looking for a rugged coffee maker that I can stick into a suitcase, and will survive airport baggage handlers. Any ideas?

Thanks...

Tom in Texas

Tom

May 5, 2006
Texas
Visit site
heat?

I don't know anything about these things. The Aeropress doesn't heat the water, right? I'm looking for something that heats, too. My regular coffee maker is the Bunn with the stainless steel decanter. That's great. I wish I had something like it, only smaller.

tom

javayankee

Re: heat?

Hey Tom--

Found it! The travel coffeemaker I mentioned earlier is the Zelco Brisk...about $40-50. It's the tiniest coffeemaker I have ever seen. I can't comment on the quality of the brew, but it *is* small and won't take up a lot of room in your bag. I noticed Brookstone has a handsome looking stainless travel coffeemaker,..again I know nothing about how well it works. I think the best cup you're going to get is going to be from either a travel mug/french press or the Aeropress...they're both small and then all you need to find is a small hot pot to heat water.

I know what you're going through...I'm a flight attendant. :)

-s

Tom said:
I don't know anything about these things. The Aeropress doesn't heat the water, right? I'm looking for something that heats, too. My regular coffee maker is the Bunn with the stainless steel decanter. That's great. I wish I had something like it, only smaller.

tom

Tom

May 5, 2006
Texas
Visit site
Wow, thanks, Javayankee. That may be just what I want. I'll research it.

So, you're a flight attendant. I know what you're going through, too. I'm an evangelist. I stand up there telling people life-saving information, and they don't pay any attention to me!

Tom

May 5, 2006
Texas
Visit site
Water?

I'm always confused on the flight between Lubbock and Amarillo. You say, "If we should go down over water, the seat cushion is a flotation device." My question is, "WHAT WATER??" The only water between Lubbock and Amarillo is the sewer farm, and if we go down over that, I want to be dead before I hit it.

Tom in Texas