Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Aerobie????

I am thinking rather than spend money on the Aero, I could spend a bit more and get the Eva Solo CafeSolo. The reviews are incredible. It seems the Aero uses a lot more grinds and that stinks! I would end up wasting a bit more cash.

Personally I have been able to get incredible coffee from a drip if I do it correctly with a manual drip.

Quote Originally Posted by richedie
    I am thinking rather than spend money on the Aero, I could spend a bit more and get the Eva Solo CafeSolo. The reviews are incredible. It seems the Aero uses a lot more grinds and that stinks! I would end up wasting a bit more cash.

Personally I have been able to get incredible coffee from a drip if I do it correctly with a manual drip.
    The Eva Solo CafeSolo looks like a pretty neat design. From the info on it it seems to be a drip style maker that allows for full saturation and steep and strains grinds out when you pour.

Yes, looks like the variables worked out for the Aeropress to give you a strong but smooth cup of coffee favour not only a low water temp but a high amount of grinds extracted over a shorter amount of time when compared to say a vacuum press or french press. It works for the Aeropress: the coffee is strong and smooth but it does cost in beans. You could lower your coffee quantity, grind coarser maybe and steep longer but I haven't tried that. I wonder what affect it would have on the coffee. Still, one thing I like about the Aeropress is the bit of pressure you get on the plunge and the affect of that pressure on extraction. It does make the coffee distinct tasting, IMHO.
    Grinder: Macap M4 stepless, Zassenhaus kneemill
    Machine: Quickmill Vetrano, Olympia Cremina '67
    Brewers: Yama 5cup, ibrik, Bodum e Santos, french press, pour over drip
    Roaster: Hottop programmable

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links