Frothing milk????

Hi everyone,

I bought a few stovetop moka pots and have been experimenting with frothed mil. I bought a 9oz Roma frothing pitcher/cappussino creamer. The inner aerator is plastic so hopefully that is not a pain to clean, etc. I sit it on the stove to heat then move the handle/aerator up and down as fast as possible for about 30 seconds. It does a good job...but small quantities. Has anyone found a better method. I am looking for sinple home methods like this or even a wand? I see Truedeau and others make frothing wands which I suspect you just use a frothing pitcher/carafe.

I have a great way to froth milk fast, but it requires a machine like mine. I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the device you're using, but I can turn my CapressoBAR 351 on, let it heat up 50 seconds or so, switch to steam and I'm frothing in about 10 seconds. With it I can froth 8 oz. of whole milk in about 45 seconds and really achieve true microfoam. Unfortunately, since I started drinking straight espresso I can no longer tolerate the taste of milk based coffee drinks. I tried a cappuccino awhile back made with 2 oz. of Black Cat espresso and 2 oz. of whole milk. The taste was really good, but somewhat weak. I guess the steam wand on my machine is really missing me. Good luck. Later!
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

frothing

there are also dry frothers you can purchase. Looks alot like a french press. Simply add heated milk and then churn the hell out of it. Takes some getting used to but it does produce a fairly even froth especialy if you like wet froth as opposed to dry.(Its a glorified butter churn to tell the truth)
    WOO HOO post 100
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Wow, I made a decent cappuccino tonight (with moka pot coffee) and it came out really good! I sued this little frother I bought and you can heat it right on the stove at the same time. Makes a nice creamy foam!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links