Frothing milk????

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I bought a few stovetop moka pots and have been experimenting with frothed mil. I bought a 9oz Roma frothing pitcher/cappussino creamer. The inner aerator is plastic so hopefully that is not a pain to clean, etc. I sit it on the stove to heat then move the handle/aerator up and down as fast as possible for about 30 seconds. It does a good job...but small quantities. Has anyone found a better method. I am looking for sinple home methods like this or even a wand? I see Truedeau and others make frothing wands which I suspect you just use a frothing pitcher/carafe.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I have a great way to froth milk fast, but it requires a machine like mine. I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the device you're using, but I can turn my CapressoBAR 351 on, let it heat up 50 seconds or so, switch to steam and I'm frothing in about 10 seconds. With it I can froth 8 oz. of whole milk in about 45 seconds and really achieve true microfoam. Unfortunately, since I started drinking straight espresso I can no longer tolerate the taste of milk based coffee drinks. I tried a cappuccino awhile back made with 2 oz. of Black Cat espresso and 2 oz. of whole milk. The taste was really good, but somewhat weak. I guess the steam wand on my machine is really missing me. Good luck. Later!

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
frothing

there are also dry frothers you can purchase. Looks alot like a french press. Simply add heated milk and then churn the hell out of it. Takes some getting used to but it does produce a fairly even froth especialy if you like wet froth as opposed to dry.(Its a glorified butter churn to tell the truth)
WOO HOO post 100

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
Wow, I made a decent cappuccino tonight (with moka pot coffee) and it came out really good! I sued this little frother I bought and you can heat it right on the stove at the same time. Makes a nice creamy foam!