Jura Z5

Jimmathie

Aug 6, 2006
UK
Visit site
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I am looking for opions on the Jura Z5. I am looking to buy one of these at the end of the month. In the UK it retails for around 1400 pounds or 1700 with a cup warmer attachment.

What I am looking for is an idiot proof and LAZY way to make great coffee. I have a stressful job and the "one touch" function on this sounds ggod and coffee is produced in under a minute! I guess if I had more time in the morning I would use my old Cona Vacuum coffee maker! but the jura seems to fit the bill.

I get a bonus at the end of each month and this would use up a large chunk of it. Is it worth it or are there better machines that give me the same things as the Jura?

Thanks, sorry to go on.

R1200C

May 26, 2006
Visit site
I have had a Z5 since Feb., actually 2, getting ready for the third. I love the machine it makes good coffee drinks quickly, I set my alarm for 5:20 by 5:23 I have a coffee, lat., cap, or whatever.

The problem is I paid $3100 and after 3 months the grinder broke, Jura sent me out a brand new Z5 and picked up the old one. Now in early Aug the on/off button is starting to go bad plus it has a couple of other problems.

From what I'm hearing now maybe the Jura S9 is a better machine and cheaper to.

Jul 17, 2006
Oswego, IL
Visit site
Can't comment on the Z5, but the IMPRESSA E9 is amazing, I can only imagine the Z5 to be phenominal. If you would like to read a review of the E9, take a look at my profile and head over. I believe they share many similar traits.

Jimmathie

Aug 6, 2006
UK
Visit site
Thanks guys,

From what I have read the machine is good apart from the build quality or reliability. I have heard awful things about there customer service but the fact they sent a new one and picked the broken one up is great, thats what I would expect from them seeing as people pay a premium for their machines.

I think I am going to press on and get one, I can't see another machine that offers similar features, maybe the S9 I'll have to have a closer look at it. The problem in the UK is actually finding a stockist so you can go and have a look at the machine. I live in Manchester which is a fairly large city and I have not found a stockist locally and have to drive for an hour to go to the nearest one!

Thanks again,