Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    So then I am to assume the grinders (turkish) make a very fine grind even too much so for espresso?

Any other suggestions for a mobile hand mill?
    Last edited by topher; 05-30-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJevens View Post
    So then I am to assume the grinders (turkish) make a very fine grind even too much so for espresso?

Any other suggestions for a mobile hand mill?

I was looking at this earlier and found very good reviews on the Camano Coffee Mill, Made in USA. It is less expensive then the German ones and goes directly into a glass jar. Check it out.

According to what others have said about the Camano after actually using one... don't bother. Grinds like crap and build quality is even worse.

A typical Turkish mill does pulverize the coffee into powder. Pic to the right....

Best Hand-Cranked Burr Grinder-764_img_2561_2.jpgBest Hand-Cranked Burr Grinder-2_262647222_vabig-m-1.jpg

BUT there are some models made by Zass, KyM and PeDe that use high quality conical burrs in a "Turkish" cylindrical housing. Pic to the left... For those looking into hand mills, I highly recommend buying older used mills as they are made with higher quality materials.

What's important is for you to find the grinder that best suits your needs.
    Last edited by alisa; 06-19-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Thanx everyone I think I might pick one up sometime soon for my coffee shop Home

The Hario MSS-1B Mini Mill Slim is my suggestion, you get a really good grind with it!

Goodday !---I'am New--to The Forum : Just bought " PEUGOT BRESIL " ( manual) Grinder : instructions--not clear--on : How--to adjust the Grind ??---anyone--knows anything--about it--?? ----------------- ----------------------------

hario skerton

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandik View Post
    Goodday !---I'am New--to The Forum : Just bought " PEUGOT BRESIL " ( manual) Grinder : instructions--not clear--on : How--to adjust the Grind ??---anyone--knows anything--about it--?? ----------------- ----------------------------

Hello.

Sometimes on Amazon, people ask questions about a product, and other people answer them. This is what I found about adjusting the grind.

I just got my mill but did not receive instructions. How do you adjust the grind? Here is the description: Adjustable mechanism grinds roasted beans

A: There is an adjustment knob at the top of the grind shaft. You need to pull the lock tab away from the adjustment wheel and then turn the adjustment knob counterclockwise for a coarser grind and clockwise for a finer grind. Then let the tab go back into the nearest slot to hold everything in place.
    Amazon Customer answered on February 17, 2013

A: It will help if you have a flashlight or can hold the grinder under a good light as it will help you understand the inner mechanism as you make the following adjustments: First unscrew the little nut on top of the threaded shaft. Then lift the little locking tab and remove it from the shaft. Then spin the little notched ring clockwise all the way which lifts the grinder to is highest position for the finest grind or counterclockwise for a courser grind. You will need to experiment to decide which grind is best suited to your coffee maker and your taste. I have been using a fine grind to make espresso. Hope this helps! Oh, I see someone else has already given a nice, concise answer!
    Answered on February 17, 2013

A: Lift tab on adjustment knob and hold up while you turn small wheel below tab clockwise for a finer ground---counterclockwise for coarser grind. release tab into nearest grove to lock in place.
    Answered on February 18, 2013

Hello : I just bought---the "" PEUGEOT BRESIL " Manual Grinder---and 'am somewhat lost---Re. : How--to Adjust the Grinding Quality--??

------------------

maybe,--someone can give me an advice--??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links