Help with the my pod for senseo

gogoblu

Nov 17, 2006
Visit site
I have a senseo one cup coffee maker. I bought the my pod attachment from walmart so that I can grind my own coffee beans instead of buying pods. I haven't been able to get it right. The coffee is always weak and watery. I have ground the beans regular and fine but still weak. I have tried to use more coffee but then the machine leaks. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. How do you use the my pod correctly, or does it always turn out that way? thanks for any input.

gogoblu

Nov 17, 2006
Visit site
I wasn't saying anything bad about the senseo, it works great with the pods, but I can't get the coffee to turn out right with the my pod. I want to be able to use my own coffee beans instead of the pods. thats why I asked if anyone knows what I am doing wrong, or has anyone used the my pod with their senseo with good results.

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
senseo

The problem is the machine. I like many others on this site got some free Senseo brewers. Personaly for what they are I think they are great however it will not function like an espresso machine. It doesnt have enough pressure and does not get hot enough to extract fresh beans well. Best advise is grind it down to Turkish(dust) and start w/near boiling hot water(though this will probably melt the back of the machine). You may have to run it twice to get a pasable cup.