Opinions on Cuisinart® Coffee on Demand 12 Cup

hokiejane

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums, and am very happy to have found them. I'm hoping someone can give me some feedback.

I'm in the market for a single-serve coffee maker with which I can use my own coffee. (I can't seem to pry myself away from the Arbor Day Foundation's Rainforest Coffee.)

I was checking out the American Express Rewards products, and I can get a "free" Cuisinart® Coffee on Demand 12 Cup coffee maker. Based on what little I've been able to read about it, it seems it would be able to brew and serve just one cup at a time as well as make a full pot. Does anyone have experience with this machine?

I also noticed the thread here on Single-Serve Machines, and the Bunn My Cafe sounds interesting, although I have no idea what a #2 T-sacs is. I assume that's not just a basic #2 cone filter. :?

The reason I'm still looking at the Cuisinart, though, is that it would be nice to have one machine that can be both an easy single-serve and make a whole pot when I have company.

Any thought or suggestions?

Thanks!

Jane

ArtieD2

Dec 3, 2006
Jacksonville, Fl
Visit site
Hi Jane; I don't have an answer, but I'm interested in the same question. Hopefully, someone will chime in.

Personally, I've found that my 12-cup Mr. Coffee doesn't make 1 cup very well. My little Black & Decker "Brew 'n Go" does ok, but not great.

I hope the experts will weigh in. ;)

hokiejane

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi Artie,

Well, it doesn't look like I'll be getting an answer. :cry:

I've done a lot of searching, and it seems as if a lot of people are in the same boat as I am in that they want to get one of the convenient single serve coffee makers that use pods, but they want to use their own coffee.

I even found instructions for making your own pods if you want to go to the trouble, which I really don't: http://www.ineedcoffee.com/04/coffeepods/

Some company just has to eventually come out with a convenient single-serve that doesn't require the pods and won't waste a larger filter (she says hopefully).

Jane

ArtieD2

Dec 3, 2006
Jacksonville, Fl
Visit site
The "coffeepod" link was interesting. I'm also thinking of getting one of those little 4-cup makers, like you see in hotel rooms. Since most coffee makers refer to one cup as 4 oz's, and I refer to one cup as 16 oz's, it should work out pretty well.

I'll let you know. ;)

hokiejane

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
I've actually been using one of those "four cup" makers for about 10 years now. It works fine, but is a little overkill now that I'm just drinking one cup in the morning.

I've ordered a Bunn My Cafe. I like its versatility and how fast it is.

I hope it works. :shock:

bluedeuce4

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
I just bought the Cuisinart Coffee On Demand. You you can make 1 to 12 cups, but you cannot make just one. The machine is great, it makes great coffee and is easy to clean. The coffee stays hot for hours and i mean HOT. You can get it for free, go for it you will be glad you did. It does not leak anywhere, when you lift the lid, lift it a quarter of the way and the condensation runs back in the machine. People have been complaining about this and beleave me if you do as i say it is not a problem at all. I love this machine and you will to.

rimi

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I''m so glad to read the reviews as I''m ready to buy the Cuisinart Coffee on Demand, but was a little scared off by some of the reviews (on other forums).

I just returned from a visit with a friend who''s father is very disabled, weak, etc.

This is where I first experienced this maker. Her family drinks coffee all day (in fact, they were the ones to teach me to drink it at about 16 years old!).

I was impressed especially with her father being able to get his own cup without assistance. If there had been a pot/carafe, it would have been one more thing where he would have been dependent on others to do for him.
Thanks for the reviews. I''m off to buy one.