Adding Espresso drinks to existing Bakery

LR2Bragg

Jan 15, 2007
Visit site
All,

I am an espresso novice. I love to drink it, but know nothing about it. I own a small bakery and I would like to add a coffee bar and would serve espresso drinks, coffee and smoothies. I am in dire need of advice on an espresso machine. We are a very small shop, I don''t see us doing more than 100 cups a day, and I am looking for a cost-effective machine that would come with support and training. Also, I need advice on espresso beans. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Lauren

DavesLT

Nov 6, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
Espresso FAQ's

Espresso drinks and bakery goods are a natural together. Both are high profit items and, if you do the layout intelligently, the business can be operated with a minimum staff.

You are smart to understand that whatever brand of machine you purchase you need to have someone local to fix it if it breaks, and training should be included. You didn't say where you are located, but ask around at some reputable coffee places in your area for a good source.

I have a lot of basic information on sizing an espresso machine and what to look for on my website. Click on the ESPRESSO FAQ button in the sidebar.

Good Luck, Dave