Delonghi

psycho supreme

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
Delonghi machine blew up this morning while I was pulling a shot.

It blew around where the machine holds the pf, not on the gasket, but outside that.

The pic:
outside%20the%20gasket%20leak.JPG

As you can see its leaking between the metal and the plastic.

I guess thats what I get for buying a cheap machine.

I can't get in contact with Delonghi at all, and I have no idea what to do.
Can anyone help me out?

psycho supreme

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
also I should let everyone know I am getting no pressure in the steamer wand either.

And as a note, I haven't even had this machine a month yet.....

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
sounds like you cracked your boiler or cracked the top of the head :cry: Where did you buy it? It should still under store warranty. Good luck!

psycho supreme

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
Today I removed all the caseing and ripped apart the machine.

After numerous attempts at pulling a shot with the machine housing off, I found the problem. There was no seal on one of the hoses and the hose was cracked.

After some modding and rebuilding, the machine works again!

Yay!

I pulled about 15 shots after to make sure.

Problem solved.

- Matt

psycho supreme

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
it is a pump driven machine.

however it is a pressurized basket. I'm in the processes of getting a non-pressurized basket and another portafilter to go naked :)

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Those things will definitely help to lock onto the best dose, distribution and tamp technique. I used a Capresso machine up until 1.5 weeks ago and it utilizes pressurized baskets. My new machine doesn't have any gadgets like that and the difference in shot timing, shot taste, etc. is like night and day. I'm still in that learning curve though to find exactly what works best. How is the shot quality coming from the DeLonghi? I've never owned one of their pump machines, but did use a DeLonghi steam machine for 6-7 years and it's still working to this day. Later!

Jonathanbolyki

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I got a Dedica EC680. M Recently. Owner manual lost and I wanted to download one from the internet but even on DeLonghi web site if I click on the manual next to the 680 model, an other models manual comes in....
this would be the first time I need to descale it and it have no idea how... Can anyone help please?