Krups XP 4000

haytoniaho

Jun 21, 2006
NJ
Visit site
Hay everybody, I was wondering:
Does anybody else use this espresso machine (Krups xp 4000)? and how long does it take you to pull an espresso shot? I wanted to double check myself but the manual doesn't give any recommendations so i was hoping to find some feedback here on the forums...
I heard that for commercial machines it takes 25 seconds about...
So, anybody familiar with this machine? How are your shots coming out and how long does it take?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
IMO you should never go by time or volume alone. Your machine uses pressurized basket(s), so the shot timing will not be the same as for a standard basket machine. I think too many people get wrapped up in how long or how much volume a shot should contain and really you should go only by flow pattern and color. No 2 shots will be exactly the same, there are just too many variables involved. Some of the shots I pull might make the 20 second shot and some of the best I've pulled have been as much as 45 seconds to 1 minute. Of course most would say this is overextraction, but the taste and appearance was flawless and this is ALL that counts. Especially the taste. Later!