LaMarzoco or Not? Any thoughts for a Newby?

rlowhorn

Jun 23, 2007
Visit site
What to do? LaMarzoco or not? Any thoughts? We are opening our first coffee shop in a small town in the middle of Tennessee. Our only competition is the big S, but we are not going for that kind of fast coffee format. We do not own the bank, but want to put our money in those places of most importance. Should we send the money for a LaMarzoco and if so which one? We want a 3group unit.

suds

Jun 15, 2007
Spokane, Wa
Visit site
You probably don't need a 3 group to start. I'd get the two group and if your volume increased then go with a second 2 group. I would definetely go with LaMarzoco. We have a 4 group for the last 8 years. Yes, things wear out but they can be replaced and parts are readily available. Also, if you fail in you business it has good resale value. You get what you pay for.

jdandtracy

Sep 24, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
We have been open for three months. We bought a used 3 group Linea and cannot be happier!! We had considered a new Synesso, but went with the used LM for budget reasons (construction cost more than we expected, which is normal).

They LM's are very easy to work on, if you have any DIY abilities at all. You can buy a LM mainenance manual for $99 at www.espressoparts.com

Here is a link:
http://www.espressoparts.com/product/BOKMZ

La Marzocco Linea Espresso Machine Troubleshooting Guide Book

DescriptionThe La Marzocco Linea Troubleshooting Guide covers every aspect of the La Marzocco equipment, from cleaning and maintenance to replacing broken or faulty components.
A must have for any serious Marzocco owner or for anyone purchasing a used or refurbished machine. This book can save you time and money in costly repairs and downtime

Covers most components for the FB-70 model as well!

I just ordered one for me, and one for my friend who also owns a coffee shop and has a 3 group LM Linea. I was an electronics tech in the Navy, and also worked in the semi-conductor industry for a number of years. I am comfortable working on equipment, but I think a novice could do their own maintenance with this book and a few tools.

JD Anderson
www.nemoscoffeeshop.blogspot.com