Bodum Brazil French Press

Citizen Bob

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I usually do not give glowing endorsements of products but I do have to let you know that the Bodum Brazil French press is a strong product for the money.

The beaker is made of polycarbonate which makes it virtually unbreakable with reasonable use. I let the boiling water cool a bit to around 185F before pouring it in so that I do not damage the plastic with excess heat.

I like very strong coffee - espresso and mocha strength - so I double the recipe and put 1/2 cup finely ground French Vanilla in with 18 oz of hot water and let it steep for 15 minutes. The recipe Bodum gives is 1 TBS coarse ground coffee per 4 oz water for 4 minutes.

I have not had any problems with the filter - it appears to be substantially constructed, nothing flimsy about it. Even with a very fine grind I have no problem pushing the filter to the bottom.

coffeeroastersclub6

Nov 30, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
Citizen Bob said:
I usually do not give glowing endorsements of products but I do have to let you know that the Bodum Brazil French press is a strong product for the money.

The beaker is made of polycarbonate which makes it virtually unbreakable with reasonable use. I let the boiling water cool a bit to around 185F before pouring it in so that I do not damage the plastic with excess heat.

I like very strong coffee - espresso and mocha strength - so I double the recipe and put 1/2 cup finely ground French Vanilla in with 18 oz of hot water and let it steep for 15 minutes. The recipe Bodum gives is 1 TBS coarse ground coffee per 4 oz water for 4 minutes.

I have not had any problems with the filter - it appears to be substantially constructed, nothing flimsy about it. Even with a very fine grind I have no problem pushing the filter to the bottom.

You let it steep for 15 minutes? Doesn't it get bitter from overextraction?

Len
CoffeeRoastersClub.com