Brewwise SH or TF

Opening a small coffeehouse. Should I be looking at the Brewwise SH or TF? Advantages/disadvantages? Dual or single?

Most customers will be drink-in or take-out. I also noticed that Bunn makes a inexpensive "TF Server SH adapter assembly".

The Soft Heat has really only 2 advantages over the ThermoFresh servers. The SH will maintain 181.4F at any given time. So you will not burn your coffee. 2nd reason is SH come in multiple versions but only one has a built in timer that can be changed 15, 30, 45, 1 hour and so up to 4 hours. Once it runs out of time the light will go out and you need to brew fresh coffee.

Soft Heats biggest disadvantage is that it requires electricity. If the power goes out then the container will reset itself and will shut off early. Thats a big problem if you just brewed that batch.

My rule of thumb is for a restaurant or convenience store use a Soft Heat. For coffee houses, karts, or small kiosks you may be better off with a thermal container.

As for single or dual go dual. You won't regret having extra capacity unless you don't have the counter space for it.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

TF for coffee house

I think CCafe has outlined everything important. I agree that the TF will be better for a coffee house. It's more stylish too.

Thanks for the response. The link below is to a thread I just started for my new shop. Please take a look at the equipment list. Thanks.

http://www.coffeeforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=7136

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links