Brewwise SH or TF

tlowing

Jan 19, 2008
Cocoa Beach, FL
Visit site
Opening a small coffeehouse. Should I be looking at the Brewwise SH or TF? Advantages/disadvantages? Dual or single?

Most customers will be drink-in or take-out. I also noticed that Bunn makes a inexpensive "TF Server SH adapter assembly".

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
The Soft Heat has really only 2 advantages over the ThermoFresh servers. The SH will maintain 181.4F at any given time. So you will not burn your coffee. 2nd reason is SH come in multiple versions but only one has a built in timer that can be changed 15, 30, 45, 1 hour and so up to 4 hours. Once it runs out of time the light will go out and you need to brew fresh coffee.

Soft Heats biggest disadvantage is that it requires electricity. If the power goes out then the container will reset itself and will shut off early. Thats a big problem if you just brewed that batch.

My rule of thumb is for a restaurant or convenience store use a Soft Heat. For coffee houses, karts, or small kiosks you may be better off with a thermal container.

As for single or dual go dual. You won't regret having extra capacity unless you don't have the counter space for it.