Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Speaking of the importance of being able to communicate well...you'll get a laugh when you read these:

I liked #16 the best.

NO PARENT LEFT BEHIND....

These are real notes written by parents in an ALABAMA school district.

Spellings have been left intact.

1. My son is under a doctor's care and should not take PE today. Please execute him.

2. Please exkuce Lisa for being absent she was sick and i had her shot.

3. Dear school: please ecsc's John being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and also 33.

4. Please excuse Gloria from jim today. She is administrating.

5. Please excuse Roland from p.e. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.

6. John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.

7. Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football. He was hurt in the growing part.

8. Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.

9. Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.

10. Please excuse Ray Friday from school. He has very loose vowels.

11. Please excuse Lesli from being absent yesterday. She had diahre dyrea direathe the shits.

12. Please excuse Tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea, and his boots leak.

13. Irving was absent yesterday because he missed his bust.

14. Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.

15. I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because i don't know what size she wear.

16. Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday. We thought it was Sunday..

17. Sally won't be in school a week from Friday. We have to attend her funeral.

18. My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent a weekend with the marines.

19. Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and could not breed well.

20. Please excuse Mary for being absent yesterday. She was in bed with gramps.

21. Gloria was absent yesterday as she was having a gangover.

22. Please excuse Brenda. She has been sick and under the doctor.

23. Maryann was absent December 11-16, because she had a fever, sorethroat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever an sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.

Ignorance is bliss isn't it?
    Advertising URL in your signature line was removed by your favorite Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by caffe biscotto
    - Hmmmm......
    Hey lets not steal another thread. Someone should notify Anne!
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

X$ rw$v$lly dy$nt z$ndw$rstv$nd v$nythx$ng thv$t's bw$x$ng sv$x$d x$n thx$s thrw$v$d. X$ thx$nk thw$ kx$ds ty$dv$y cv$nt spw$ll, wrx$tw$ y$r v$dd nz$mbw$rs ty$gw$thw$r..x$ts v$ sx$gn thv$t X$ v$m gw$ttx$ng y$ld thv$t X$ cv$nny$t z$ndw$rstv$nd tw$xt spw$v$k.

I'm assuming X$ rw$v$lly dy$nt z$ndw$rstv$nd v$nythx$ng thv$t's bw$x$ng sv$x$d x$n thx$s thrw$v$d = I really don't understand anything that's being said in this thread.

Please no more Davec, I know its all fun and games some times but this constitutes a waste of server space.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

While we''re off topic and on the subject of correct spelling. CCafe should perhaps have a second look at his signature...

*hides*

It's not an old age symptom to not understand kids today. The English language is a complicated one that begs an occasional play on words.

There was pig latin, then ebonics, now internet lingo and text messaging. It's hard to keep track of it all and I sometimes find myself not remembering the correct spellings anymore. It's easier just to use the short cuts and easier pronunciations of words. I guess that's okay and I think we can handle the challenge.

MODERATORS: If we're short on disk space, please feel free to delete ALL of my part in the booger thread diaries to free up some extra space.

U2, INXS, ABBA! Let's not forget Anne's ROTFLMAO! Fo shizzle!
    Advertising URL in your signature line was removed by your favorite Moderator.

Super Moderator
    Hello again,

Now that Murtle545 has joined us, maybe she'd willing to help translate some Internet lingo.

We can help her with her coffee questions, and she can help us.

By the way....it took me a while to figure out what ROTFLMAO and OMG meant.

And I'm not that old..

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by caffe biscotto

MODERATORS: If we're short on disk space, please feel free to delete ALL of my part in the booger thread diaries to free up some extra space.
    Its simply a waste. Were not saying were short on anything, but you have to take in account for space and bandwidth. It gets more expensive with the more you use. Since the forum doesn't charge a fee someone is footing the entire bill minus any add revenue.

Super Moderator
    As a note of possible interest....

I found a web site where you can type in an abbreviation or acronym and it will show you what it stands for. I typed in ROFLMAO and it gave me the right answer.

http://www.acronymfinder.com

Rose

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links