espresso machine

murtle545

Mar 28, 2008
Visit site
can any1 reccomend me a gd espresso machine that is relatively cheap for in the home with milk frother and will someone explain me that thermometer that is put into the milk jug when frothing the milk and what temp it needs to be sorry bowt noob question only 16 so dont no that much thnx

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Sure no problem but first thing. This is a forum and not a cell phone so you do not need to speak TXT here.

Seeing that your 16 I would probably recommend dumping $60 Wally World for a cheap espresso machine that you can trash while learning the basics.

The thermometer is used for people to know when to shut off the steam arm. Ideally you would want to steam the milk up to 150F - 160F. After 160F you will start burning the milk. I personally can eat sliced jalapeños like M&M's so I really can't tell the milk is burnt till around 175F - 180F. But there are a lot of people who can.

When steaming your milk shut the steam arm down around 150 - 155. Your milk will continue to rise around 160 +- a few degrees.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello,

I feel silly....I didn't realize that you were speaking TXT in your posts. I thought you were from another country, and you didn't know the English language very well. I'm glad CCafe cleared that up for me.

If you go to www.amazon.com and type the words espresso machines into the search box, you will see all sorts of machines listed at a variety of prices. You can then read about the machines and compare the features and prices on the Internet. You may want to go to a local Target, Kohls, WalMart, Sears, etc. and take a look at the machines in person. I noticed that some are really light weight and cheap looking, but some look pretty decent for low-priced home machines.

The inexpensive machines won't last forever, but they'll give you fairly good service as you explore the world of coffee. After all, this may be a phase that you'll outgrow in a few months, or it may turn into a life-long passion, and by then maybe you'll be ready to buy a more expensive espresso machine.

Good luck.

Rose

murtle545

Mar 28, 2008
Visit site
thanks but im 16 and because im on msn quite a bit people in my school tend to type like that see as though its quicker to speak jesus im not used to typing properly lol sorry ill try and type as english as i can

murtle545

Mar 28, 2008
Visit site
by the way thanks for all the info but you have helped me alot but it isnt just a phase i have been drinkin coffee for a year and i really love it, i had my first espresso this mornin cappuchino at 12 at 3 i had a carte noir and at 8 i had a caffe crema most of them i tried for the first time today and i absolutely loved every single one of them so i doubt it is just a phase

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Murtle545 - I also began drinking coffee every day when I was your age. I adopted the routine of getting up early to have a cup of coffee with my Dad every morning. I'm glad that I did, otherwise I wouldn't have many memories of him (being sober).

I can't help but to offer you some advice regarding your writing skills. You must know that communication is very important in this world and how we communicate can sometimes determine the outcome of a major crisis or a misunderstanding. Please, practice using punctuation. Effectively getting your thoughts and opinions down in writing can be quite challenging and also very rewarding.

Cheers kid. :wink:

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
caffe biscotto said:
Murtle545 - I also began drinking coffee every day when I was your age. I adopted the routine of getting up early to have a cup of coffee with my Dad every morning. I'm glad that I did, otherwise I wouldn't have many memories of him (being sober).

I can't help but to offer you some advice regarding your writing skills. You must know that communication is very important in this world and how we communicate can sometimes determine the outcome of a major crisis or a misunderstanding. Please, practice using punctuation. Effectively getting your thoughts and opinions down in writing can be quite challenging and also very rewarding.

Cheers kid. :wink:

Eye subprut publik edjamakation! :grin:

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Oh -

I was looking deeper into what CCafe was really trying to tell us.

After meditating on it for a bit, I was coming to a conclusion that he's probably trying to reach out to us from the fifth dimension..... that maybe he needed some help or something.

But, I think you're right. It's probably just a "public education" thing. :D

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Speaking of the importance of being able to communicate well...you'll get a laugh when you read these:

I liked #16 the best.

NO PARENT LEFT BEHIND....

These are real notes written by parents in an ALABAMA school district.

Spellings have been left intact.

1. My son is under a doctor's care and should not take PE today. Please execute him.

2. Please exkuce Lisa for being absent she was sick and i had her shot.

3. Dear school: please ecsc's John being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and also 33.

4. Please excuse Gloria from jim today. She is administrating.

5. Please excuse Roland from p.e. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.

6. John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.

7. Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football. He was hurt in the growing part.

8. Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.

9. Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.

10. Please excuse Ray Friday from school. He has very loose vowels.

11. Please excuse Lesli from being absent yesterday. She had diahre dyrea direathe the shits.

12. Please excuse Tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea, and his boots leak.

13. Irving was absent yesterday because he missed his bust.

14. Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.

15. I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because i don't know what size she wear.

16. Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday. We thought it was Sunday..

17. Sally won't be in school a week from Friday. We have to attend her funeral.

18. My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent a weekend with the marines.

19. Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and could not breed well.

20. Please excuse Mary for being absent yesterday. She was in bed with gramps.

21. Gloria was absent yesterday as she was having a gangover.

22. Please excuse Brenda. She has been sick and under the doctor.

23. Maryann was absent December 11-16, because she had a fever, sorethroat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever an sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
X$ rw$v$lly dy$n’t z$ndw$rstv$nd v$nythx$ng thv$t's bw$x$ng sv$x$d x$n thx$s thrw$v$d. X$ thx$nk thw$ kx$ds ty$dv$y cv$n’t spw$ll, wrx$tw$ y$r v$dd nz$mbw$rs ty$gw$thw$r…..x$t’s v$ sx$gn thv$t X$ v$m gw$ttx$ng y$ld thv$t X$ cv$nny$t z$ndw$rstv$nd “tw$xt” spw$v$k.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I'm assuming X$ rw$v$lly dy$n’t z$ndw$rstv$nd v$nythx$ng thv$t's bw$x$ng sv$x$d x$n thx$s thrw$v$d = I really don't understand anything that's being said in this thread.

Please no more Davec, I know its all fun and games some times but this constitutes a waste of server space.