Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best Espresso machine under $1k

Hey guys and girls, i''m looking to upgrade from my Krupps to something that handle more volume (takes me ages to put together a strong coffee due to the fact I have to do three runs).

Can anyone advise me on what to get for 1K or less? I like my coffee strong and usually use 3 shots when making a Cappuccino or four shots when making an iced latte so something that could handle double shots at once would be ideal. Thanks in advance, any help in this daunting area would be great.

krups still the best for under 1K

the new krups pump espresso machines are highly improved

Depends on how much effort you're willing to give..... You can get a nice semi-auto like the Silvia or Gaggia Classic. You can also buy a decent featured automatic in that price range, which will give you "good", predictable and consistent results.

What kind of Krups do you own? Maybe you can tune it up a bit to get better results and save some money. Later!
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

krups 4020

my espresso machine is krups 4020 yes i am learning a lot how do i tune this baby up?

Take a look at the Expobar Office Pulser for a HX machine for under 1k. You can pull shot after shot and steam a pitcher at the same time.

I have one, I'm extremely pleased with it. Last weekend I had 4 house guests over for breakfast, plus my girlfriend and myself. I made a double Americano, a Latte, a Cappuccino, another Latte, another Americano, and a double mocha for myself in succession, with no down-time. I keep a 2 shot portafilter in my group head, so these were all 2+ ounce shots.

I used to own a coffeehouse with a 2 group Astoria. I missed being able to make drinks myself, and my solution was to find a machine that I could put in my home that would reproduce the same quality and experience.

The Pulser runs about $800 these days. You will need a grinder that produces the consistency of a professional machine. These tend to run around $300 for the Rancilio Rocky, so you might have to deal a little or wait for a "refurb" to keep under your $1k.

Tim

I just Bought a Saeco spidem Villa Black for $429 at Costco and they have a lifetime return policy. I have to say I love the machine it makes perfect espresso every time and very easy to clean. You cant beat it for the price and I talked to the salesman and he said that this is basically the same thing as some of the more expensive machines except for the LCD readouts and the option of putting decaf in separate compartment.

Banned
    No doubt this is way too late, but I''d take a serious look at the http://www.salvatore-espresso.com/onebl ... chine.html

I have no connection with the company; I am not an owner of the machine. But it looks great, and with a six-year warranty . . .

Cheers,
    Jason

Wow. Gorgeous machine, Jason. Thanks for the link. If I was in the market, I'd probably choose one from this company over my current machine. Very classy!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaTim View Post
    Take a look at the Expobar Office Pulser for a HX machine for under 1k. You can pull shot after shot and steam a pitcher at the same time.Tim
    I've had one of these in daily use for five or six years. I'm very pleased with it and the Ranchillio grinder is great. I forget which model I have but it was over 300 back when I got it. Kinda tall and weighs about 30 lbs. I always thought it was a dumb name but a good machine. I'd recomend it to anyone willing to invest in making great espresso. And that Italian one in the link is a beauty. The Expobar looks more like something you'd see in a coffee shop. Also they are rated for light commercial duty.

Ron

Ron
    if voting really changed anything they'd outlaw it.

+1 to all who say Krups.

I personally have used Krups, and they are awesome machines. There are many to choose from and many brand names. And it really comes down to your coffee tastes. Because one espresso machine won't make espresso exactly the same was as another, or another brand. Do a little bit of research first. But Krups would be my first choice.
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/126...oncup590fi.jpg
    My blood type is coffee.
    A morning without coffee is like sleep. ~Author Unknown
    In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running. ~Jeff Bezos

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links