Want to change Auto-Cappucino System

Jitters

May 21, 2004
Visit site
I bought a Krups NOVO PLUS PREMIUM / ART.-NR.: FNC3 (968) and am very unhappy with the steam arm attachment thingy. I would much rather just have a straight steam arm, which I can steam milk with manually. I am wondering if it is possible to swap it out with another part. The auto milk heater does not froth the milk like I am use to and is quit a pain to clean up. Where as, a simple metal arm allows me the control to steam/froth milk to my liking and then just requires a quick wipe. No extra cups are needed to hold the cold milk, plus the container the hot milk goes into. I am use to a more commercial style set-up and would love to dupplicate that, without having to spend hundreds on a new machine. Any ideas or advice would be a great help.

Jitters :-D

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey Jitters:

Sorry to hear about your problem. How long have you had this unit? Have you tried contacting the manufacturer to see if they offer a different steam wand or set up? Or if you can exchange it for a model that has the type of wand you prefer? Those are a few options available to you. If exchanging it costs a little more, you have to determine if it's worth the extra. If that fails you may as well buy a new unit with better features. In any case that's my two cents worth.

Good luck 8)

Jitters

May 21, 2004
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I just bought the machine a few weeks ago from someone at my work. I did not pay to much and it's not like I can't make espresso, it's just more difficult and not as good as I can do manually. I am just looking for some options. I have given some thought to taking the cover off and seeing how hard it would be to just swap out the entire arm. I would be willing to bet I can buy a new arm and swap it out.