Restaurant Coffee Brewer & Grinder Suggestions

bostonH

Apr 4, 2008
New England
Visit site
Calling all restaurant owners! What is a good coffee machine for a restaurant that is expecting to sell 50 cups a day (lets say average) and needs a reliable machine to brew and store coffee. The new restaurant that is featuring our coffee has asked my opinion on coffee makers and grinders before they make their purchases - I told them I don't have a lot of experience but that I would try to do some research for them. I'd like to suggest a system that will make it easy for them to serve only fresh coffee (rather than have it sitting in the machine getting stale).

They are also wondering about grinders. What are the best (performance & price) commercial burr grinders that will stand up to the test of time in a restaurant?

They wont be having the coffee volume of a coffee-shop per se, but quality is still very important to them (and to me!).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Ditting Grinder.

Fetco Brewer.

brew into airpot, thermal carafe, Zojirushi gravity dispenser, OR if a large volume, the Fetco LUXUS brewer and dispenser.

Hold coffee no longer than 30 minutes. (dump... brew a new batch)

Also supply coffee so it is always fresh when used.
And make certain they follow correct brewing guidelines -- coffee to water ratio, etc. Having them invest in a Cirqua optimized water system wouldn't be out of the question either... if this is long term.

bostonH

Apr 4, 2008
New England
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with the BUNN Dual SoftHeat? Is the SH worth getting, etc.

You can get there by going to www dot bunnomatic dot com pages/commercl/1coffee/satellite.html#DualSH

Can you use the Zojirushi gravity dispenser with a Bunn or the Fetco? Do these brewing machines have a "standard" height or something similar?

thanks!