BEST FRENCH PRESS

What are some affordable French Presses no more than $30?

How long does the coffee stay heated/warm in a french press?

In need of some sort of coffee maker, I left my at home and these long nights of grad school studying are killing me. I really don't want to buy a regular coffee maker b/c I only want to brew around 3 cups or so and I also need something POTENT, hahaha. Thanks in advance.
    Brewing Method: Aeropress

Super Moderator
    You can find them pretty cheap. As to keeping them hot, you want to transfer your coffee to a carafe. When you transfer the coffee it will assure that you do not over extract your brew!
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

You can buy the 8 cup (32oz) Bodum Chambord at Target for $29.00. My favorite is the 4C(16oz) Chambord:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Chambord-17 ... 700&sr=8-3

I know nothing about presses, but others rave over what Bodum offers. I'd pay a little more and get something with a high end build quality, like a metal filter in the bottom instead of cheaper plastic. Later!
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

I usually use the Aeropress for making coffee (GREAT coffee!!!), but I need something that will make a few more cups for when company comes. I was thinking about a French press. I have a few questions:

Are the beakers and plungers the same on all Bodum press pots? I know some have stainless steel handles and some have plastic ones, but are the innards all created equal?

Has anyone ever tried Tiamo press pots?

Thanks
    La Pavoni PRH, Sözen Turkish mill, Aerobie AeroPress, Porlex hand mill, Bodum Shin Bistro, Starbucks-Bodum French press, Hario Skerton, Feima 600N

I personally would go with Bodum french press. Once you brew the coffee you should transfer it to a thermo so that the coffee does not get over-extracted.

I you are the sort of person who leaves the coffee in the french press for a long time then consider getting BonJour french press (they design the filter in a unique way that prevents over-extracting the coffee).

My web site has several pages dedicated to french press coffee maker, you may find them useful. Don't worry, I am not selling anything - just talking about the different types of french press and giving some tips about using it.
    coffeepotato

Quote Originally Posted by coffeepotato
    My web site has several pages dedicated to french press coffee maker, you may find them useful. Don't worry, I am not selling anything - just talking about the different types of french press and giving some tips about using it.
    Nice website.
    La Pavoni PRH, Sözen Turkish mill, Aerobie AeroPress, Porlex hand mill, Bodum Shin Bistro, Starbucks-Bodum French press, Hario Skerton, Feima 600N

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links