La Pavoni Opinions?

tlowing

Jan 19, 2008
Cocoa Beach, FL
Visit site
More details. Looks like I can get it for under $2500 and it's never been used. Even has the protective plastic on the stainless. Decent for a starter machine for a new coffee shop?

tlowing

Jan 19, 2008
Cocoa Beach, FL
Visit site
Buying the machine tonight. Didn't get much feedback and couldn't find any negative information about La Pavoni. Plus I know someone who used one in their shop for a few years.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I would be vary weary if they are trying to sell you a new Pavoni 3 group for $2500. I haven't found very many people who are willing to let a $8000 - $10,000 machine walk out never used for a 1/4 of the price. Its not uncommon for espresso equipment to sit on the shelves a year or two. Granted the one you are talking about is 4 years old.

Just be careful because if the sell is final and no returns will be accepted then you might be out quite a bit of cash. You better see what type of warranty exist for that machine.

tlowing

Jan 19, 2008
Cocoa Beach, FL
Visit site
Thanks CCafe. He was asking a lot more but I talked him down.

I'm still kicking myself in the butt for passing up a top of the line 3GR Astoria with the brass dome that was three years old and virtually unused I could have gotten for $1500. But I decided to wait. Grrrr.