Pressurised portafilter?

ib1-2

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
I have recently aqcuired a secondhand La Pavoni deluxe epsresso coffe maker (Eurobar) which has a pressurised portafilter. The manual is not great and says the handle on the filter after inserting in the group will automatically move to the left. Mine for some reason doesn't and I have to manually move it for the coffee to be expressed. Can anyone tell how these things work and why mine doesn't seem to.

It also has the optional milk frother (Cappucinatore) but I can't get that to work either. The best I can do is get the milk as far as the top of the tube but doesn't dispense. Opening the steam regulater more just sends the milk back into the container with water from the steamer. Nothing is blocked and assume it works by capilliary action as the steam runs through the frother. Is there a special knack to this?

Brian

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Probably the same portafilter that is used on Saeco/Charbux brands..... never known of them moving automatically. From what I have read once the pressure builds up the user moves it manually and go from there. I could be wrong though.... Tell you what you can do. Visit a site called www.partsguru.com and ask Edward about this. He knows alot about home machines such as yours.

As far as the milk frothing attachment.... I know nothing about it. I'd say use the stock bare wand if possible and learn how to steam/froth properly instead of letting a machine do it half-ass. I hate to be so blunt, but I've seen many videos of autos and super autos that utilized some sort of milk contraption and they were useless and a pain to clean I'd say. Later!

stefano65

Aug 15, 2004
Elmira OR
Visit site
They have the tendency to gum up and the spring mechanism will slow, stop or break
you can unscrew ( very carfully and paying attention) the 3 screws remove the spacers and look inside
clean it very gently with a soft brush,or let is soak in some espresso cleaner