Atlas Hand Grinder/Mill

Currently, I have a pretty lame Black & Decker electric blade grinder for my coffee beans, and I am looking to upgrade. I have a copper theme going in my kitchen, so I am drooling every time I see a beautiful copper gadget that could improve my kitchen arsenal.

I found these hand mills by Atlas
    http://www.1-800-espresso.com/coffee-spice-mills.html

Before dropping $70 on a grinder, I am curious...does anyone else have experience with this type of grinder/mill? I don't drink large quantities of coffee/espresso, so I don't need a giant electric one - and I am, sad to say it, willing to pay some extra money for the gorgeous-factor of the copper. But as far as grind consistency/adjustability, how does it rate?

Thanks,
    Andrea

Re: Atlas Hand Grinder/Mill

Looks to be some sort of generic Turkish type hand grinder. Judging from what I've read on manual mills it should work great. Lots of people use these for espresso and that requires fineness and consistency. Check out the manual Zassenhaus Turkish mill at this link. Looks to be well built and in the price range of what you asked about.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.zas.shtml

Later!
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

I think this is a Turkish coffee grinder - which means it's meant to be used for Turkish coffee which requires coffee powder. It is quite likely that there is no adjustment mechanism to change the fineness of the grind to anything else but very fine powder.

If you want to use it for anything else than Turkish coffee then I would recommend getting an ordinary manual grinder. Zassenhaus or Lodos are good brands.
    coffeepotato

This grinder does appear to be a generic Turkish grinder, but it should still offer adjustability for slightly coarser settings which would make it great for espresso. Most manual grinders (even some Zassenhaus models) WON'T grind fine enough for pump or piston espresso. Tell you what....... tenshi17 visit this site. The guys there buy manual grinders, clean/adjust them and then grade them according to what they're capable of. They can certainly find you something that can work with a design you like. Later!

http://www.orphanespresso.com/index.php ... 76df54e081
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links