Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Great Machine....great price!!

Hi folks, I recently had to close my coffee house/cafe down in Richmond VA and have a machine for sale.. I bought a Rancilio Epoca s-2 dual group semi automatic machine 18 months ago and had just recently replaced the filters and gaskets right before we shut down. We paid close to $6000 for it and are asking $2800. Also throwing in steamer pots, thermometers, etc. If anyone is interested and i do have pics and could discuss shipping as well, please let me know!
    much love to all,
    Scott
    Formerly Common Groundz
    skinggroundz@gmail.com

Re: Great Machine....great price!!

Close to 6 grand for that machine??? Just the machine and setup? Seems like alot to me as I've seen them new on fleabay for 1/3-1/2 that.

Don't be offended, but I'm a little wary of people that suddenly pop out of nowhere and post like this. Usually spammers. Later!
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

LOL yeah i am sometimes wary of myself these days. Definitely not a spammer, just an ex coffee house owner trying to sell all this dang equipment i have left. I researched the pricing with several other coffee shop owners, and although i have seen some sale priced new equipment in this model for around $4700 plus shipping, i feel our asking price is a great savings!
    Best Regards,
    Scott
    skinggroundz@gamil.com

I am fixing to buy a Rancilia Epoca DE this weekend. They are asking $1800. I am also in Virginia and would consider your machine if you're willing to negotiate on the price. If so, you'll need to contact me quick as I am going to look at the DE tomorrow (Saturday).

Quote Originally Posted by skinggroundz
    I researched the pricing with several other coffee shop owners, and although i have seen some sale priced new equipment in this model for around $4700 plus shipping, i feel our asking price is a great savings!
    Best Regards,
    Scott
    skinggroundz@gamil.com

http://www.katom.com/019-EPOCAS2.html?CID=become

Brand new Epoca S2 for sale at KaTom for $3600.
    Are you firm on your price?

Hey, where in VA are you located? My wife and I operate a mobile espresso van in the central part of NC. Has been hard getting some of these rednecks to buy "some of that thar e-x-presso" but it has been quite fun. We started out only 3 months or so ago and went from selling primarily hot chocolate and drip to pretty much all espresso based drinks now. We use a 2 group Nuova Simonelli Aurelia and I can't say enough great things about it. I'm not too familiar with the Rancilio machines, but was interested in the Epoca lineup some time ago when we thought about a kiosk. But I will say if you don't buy the machine you're planning to, I highly suggest a nice used Aurelia. It is truly on the cutting edge of HX technology and is easily on par with any commercial machine out there.

What type/brand of grinder(s) are you considering? Later!
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

I am in the Fredericksburg area. I am buying a used Bunn-o-matic for my drip grinding and La San Marco SM90 for my espresso. I am hoping these will serve me initially.

Good choices on the grinders.... we use a BUNN LPG and love it. Very well built with massive burrs, super fast grinding and very accurate on grind particle size. This is paired with a BUNN VPR airpot brewer. Doesn't have the fancy digital control or hot water tap, but is a solid workhorse that consistently brews the best drip I've had to date.

Our main espresso grinder is a Nuova Simonelli MDX, which is about identical to your La San Marco in size, specs, etc. Both brands are great workhorses and are easily on par with the Super Jolly, etc. Don't know about yours, but the MDX offers micro metric stepless adjustment, which I find very helpful because being mobile requires me to change the grind particle size daily and even several times daily if weather is nasty...

Eventually hoping to get something along the lines of the Mahlkonig K30 for our main grinder. I don't really love the doser on any grinder and what the K30 has to offer along with no grounds wasted to speak of makes it a real winner....

Were you able to secure that Rancilio machine? Later!

I think I will get a car for that price, and just drink nescafe

Had a revision to my plans. Bought a Super Jolly instead and picked it up today. Did get the Bunn-o-matic though. Had to take it apart and thoroughly clean it. It was pretty nasty, but good to go now. Adjusted the grind and, after cleaning my espresso machine too, used it to grind some espresso beans and tried it out in my machine. Brewed a couple of very nice cappuccino's! Will give the Super Jolly the same treatment tomorrow.

Tomorrow is deal time! Contacting the base here to negotiate a contract with them. This will be key to my business for awhile since I'll be operating part-time. Got to make this sale!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links