Great Machine....great price!!

skinggroundz

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks, I recently had to close my coffee house/cafe down in Richmond VA and have a machine for sale.. I bought a Rancilio Epoca s-2 dual group semi automatic machine 18 months ago and had just recently replaced the filters and gaskets right before we shut down. We paid close to $6000 for it and are asking $2800. Also throwing in steamer pots, thermometers, etc. If anyone is interested and i do have pics and could discuss shipping as well, please let me know!
much love to all,
Scott
Formerly Common Groundz
[email protected]

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Close to 6 grand for that machine??? Just the machine and setup? Seems like alot to me as I've seen them new on fleabay for 1/3-1/2 that.

Don't be offended, but I'm a little wary of people that suddenly pop out of nowhere and post like this. Usually spammers. Later!

skinggroundz

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL yeah i am sometimes wary of myself these days. Definitely not a spammer, just an ex coffee house owner trying to sell all this dang equipment i have left. I researched the pricing with several other coffee shop owners, and although i have seen some sale priced new equipment in this model for around $4700 plus shipping, i feel our asking price is a great savings!
Best Regards,
Scott
[email protected]

Cool_Beans_Mobile

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am fixing to buy a Rancilia Epoca DE this weekend. They are asking $1800. I am also in Virginia and would consider your machine if you're willing to negotiate on the price. If so, you'll need to contact me quick as I am going to look at the DE tomorrow (Saturday).

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Hey, where in VA are you located? My wife and I operate a mobile espresso van in the central part of NC. Has been hard getting some of these rednecks to buy "some of that thar e-x-presso" but it has been quite fun. We started out only 3 months or so ago and went from selling primarily hot chocolate and drip to pretty much all espresso based drinks now. We use a 2 group Nuova Simonelli Aurelia and I can't say enough great things about it. I'm not too familiar with the Rancilio machines, but was interested in the Epoca lineup some time ago when we thought about a kiosk. But I will say if you don't buy the machine you're planning to, I highly suggest a nice used Aurelia. It is truly on the cutting edge of HX technology and is easily on par with any commercial machine out there.

What type/brand of grinder(s) are you considering? Later!

Cool_Beans_Mobile

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am in the Fredericksburg area. I am buying a used Bunn-o-matic for my drip grinding and La San Marco SM90 for my espresso. I am hoping these will serve me initially.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Good choices on the grinders.... we use a BUNN LPG and love it. Very well built with massive burrs, super fast grinding and very accurate on grind particle size. This is paired with a BUNN VPR airpot brewer. Doesn't have the fancy digital control or hot water tap, but is a solid workhorse that consistently brews the best drip I've had to date.

Our main espresso grinder is a Nuova Simonelli MDX, which is about identical to your La San Marco in size, specs, etc. Both brands are great workhorses and are easily on par with the Super Jolly, etc. Don't know about yours, but the MDX offers micro metric stepless adjustment, which I find very helpful because being mobile requires me to change the grind particle size daily and even several times daily if weather is nasty...

Eventually hoping to get something along the lines of the Mahlkonig K30 for our main grinder. I don't really love the doser on any grinder and what the K30 has to offer along with no grounds wasted to speak of makes it a real winner....

Were you able to secure that Rancilio machine? Later!

Cool_Beans_Mobile

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Had a revision to my plans. Bought a Super Jolly instead and picked it up today. Did get the Bunn-o-matic though. Had to take it apart and thoroughly clean it. It was pretty nasty, but good to go now. Adjusted the grind and, after cleaning my espresso machine too, used it to grind some espresso beans and tried it out in my machine. Brewed a couple of very nice cappuccino's! Will give the Super Jolly the same treatment tomorrow.

Tomorrow is deal time! Contacting the base here to negotiate a contract with them. This will be key to my business for awhile since I'll be operating part-time. Got to make this sale!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
You were able to dial that BUNN in good enough for decent espresso?

The Super Jolly should serve you well. I highly suggest you replace the burrs without question. They might look fine, but you never know for sure. A new set is $50 MAX based on what I've seen. There is a guy on CoffeeGeek that goes by the username of Phaelon and he sells authentic blister packaged Mazzer burrs for great prices. I use a Nuova Simonelli MDX and it is pretty much identical to what the SJ can do/specs. I do however like the adjustment of the MDX as it's micrometric stepless. I simply spin a small dial with two fingertips and can make the smallest adjustments. The Mazzers are great, I just don't like the adjustment collar... that's just my opinion of course.

Good luck on the base possibility. Highly wish there was something like there around here. Most heavily traveled areas we contact usually have some sort of half-azz coffee vendor (automatic machines in most cases) and they won't let us on site because of a "no competitors clause".... I simply tell them there is NO COMPETITION for what we do and leave it at that. There is a very fine line between confidence and arrogance. I walk that line often..... Later!