Recommended Brands?

rockstarsmasher

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I am opening a coffee store and I wanted to buy an expresso and latte machine. What are the good brands and what are the prices ranges for a good machine that will not break, that is easy to clean, and easy and quick to use?

I want it to be just as good as Starbucks.

Please let me know,
Thanks!!!!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Well either you're a spammer or know very little about coffee.... "as good as Starbucks"... That's enough to validate a comment like I'm giving. Now, I will give them credit for the movement they started, but they overdid things and now people don't enjoy what they stand for much anymore.

To clarify a few things... it's "ESPRESSO" and that little bit of heaven that we seek is the base for pretty much all coffee drinks. I hate when people ask me if I use the same beans for espresso and lattes.

Good brands are La Marzocco, La Cimbali and many others. I'd recommend just a 2 group unless it's a high volume area. At work we have a 3 group Linea and it's overkill. A nice 2 group with a hot water tap is more than enough for most situations. Also, you'll need at least 2 grinders. 1 on standby for espresso and 1 for drip. At work we use 1 grinder for everything and it does work OK, but I'd like to keep it dialed in just for espresso and have a 2nd grinder for drip, decaf, etc.

There are no setups worth having that are truly easy to clean. Some might be easier than others, but coffee is a dirty job. The cleaner you keep things the better they will serve you, as is the case with most things in life. Preventive maintenance is key.....

Just as good as Starbucks..... get a $100 pod machine and steam your milk in a microwave... yeah that's just as good as Charbux. Later!