AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker

beanbuzz

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Just took a look at this one as I have never made espresso before, but would love to make at home. This makes sense how it works, looks easy enough. Plus, hubby just likes black coffee, so the ability to make him an Americano sounds good. Anyone have an opinion on this baby?

rlauzon

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I've been using my AeroPress for a couple years now. I've tried most of the other ways to make my coffee - french press, Chemex, etc. - and the AeroPress still beats them all for taste and convenience.

CoffeeLoverCA

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered an AeroPress from Amazon after reading all of the raving reviews. I hope that it lives up to the hype. I'm going to use it for coffee at work, because the coffee there leaves much to be desired. I'll take my old blade grinder there to use with it, so I hope that's not too much of a drawback. It still will be better than the pre-ground Sam's Club bulk coffee they buy and brew in an auto drip machine.

One thing I do want to point out though: The AeroPress can't possibly make real espresso. For that you'd need at least 8 or so bars of pressure, which I'm sure the AP doesn't have. Even a steam espresso machine only has about 3 or 4 bars of pressure. It's probably going to be something more along those lines.

For home, I just bought a Capresso Classic (#114) machine with 18 bars of pressure and a Capresso Infinity conical burr grinder, to replace my old blade grinder. I hear that the Capresso Classic is one of the best machines out there for under $300. I hope so! While not top of the line, I managed to get both the machine and the grinder for under $200, so I'll have to advise everyone how that one turns out. Wish me luck!