PLEASE EXPERTS HELP ME WITH STEAM WAND, WATERY CAPPUCCINO

Noentrobcap

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
My just-bought espresso maker makes great espresso shots, but it doesn't seem to be able to expel some water together with the steam when I make cappuccino. I do as instructed in the manual, that is, I don't place the milk container directly under the wand just after opening it, but "purge" it from residual water with a separate glass. It then starts to producing steam, but anyway (I know because I've done this with an empty cup, after finding my cappuccino watery) it continues to expel some water. Is this normal? It's not that the steam transforms itself into water, it's that it comes out together with water, although not a lot. Can you advise please? I've tried to let the machine heat up for a longer time, without a result. What can be the cause? Thanks in advance. My machine is semiautomatic or so I think.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Your machine might utilize a thermoblock heating system instead of a boiler. Thermoblocks are well known for producing wet steam, simply the nature of the beast. Limited steam pressure, low brew pressure/temperature are also common complaints with these heating systems. Agree with Topher... knowing what machine you have would be helpful. Later!