Equipment Needed to Get Started

GoldieMN

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read: 1. The Bunn VPR is a good choice for brewed coffee. 2. For espresso/latte/cappa, a semi-automatic machine is a good way to go if you don't know much about making specialty coffee drinks. Now, what if you know absolutely nothing and have a partner who prefers to press a button and not mess with any part of making the drinks. Would you get a super automatic machine? Has anyone tried something like this?
http://www.espresso-etc.com/espresso-machine4000.html

Goldie

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Yeah the BUNN VPR is great for drip coffee. No frills and a solid workhorse that cranks out good brew consistently.

Actually you do need to be hands-on for using a semi-automatic. The more automatic a machine is the less hands-on you will need to be.

A machine such as the one in that link would be overkill for home use. We don't have a clue as to where this machine would be used. Not to mention the upfront cost of something that will probably be capable of making just average drinks.

GoldieMN

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
shadow745 said:
A machine such as the one in that link would be overkill for home use. We don't have a clue as to where this machine would be used.

Actually, I included that info when I introduced myself and started all these questions. I think I covered it all in my post to. If not, let me know if I haven't given enough info.
Goldie

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
You most certainly did and I apologize for overlooking it. But to be honest I very seldom bother with the "Introductions" thread because it's usually like this... "Hi I'm so and so from _____ and I luv coffee"... typical replies are "welcome to the board as we luv coffee too"...... Kind of boring at times....