Krups KM7000 10 Cup Grind & Brew Coffee Maker Review

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 14, 2010
Coffee Country, USA
Visit site
I picked up the Krups KM7000 10 Cup Grind & Brew Coffee Maker from Amazon.com about 3 months ago. It worked well for the first month or so but then would make weak coffee due to the grinder not feeding properly.

Amazon link: Amazon.com: KRUPS KM7000, 10-Cup Grind-and-Brew Coffeemaker, Black: Kitchen & Dining

They don't ship a tool to disassemble the grinder area to really clean it out, so your stuck cobbling your own set together and they use a non-standard star screw. We found a way and took it apart and cleaned it and it worked good for another week or so... then the same problems.

Using greasy beans was ultimately the culprit but that was just one of the problems we ran into. The snap shut mechanism you must use when utilizing the automatic grinder also has problems. It's built poorly and eventually the filter basin locking mechanism broke. This is necessary for the automatic grinder to function so this breaking turned this $200 coffee machine into a $15 coffee machine...

All in 2 months.

I would not recommend this product, especially given the price. It looks pretty but it's built flimsy and just not worth the money.

I give it a 3 beans out of 10.
:coffee-bean::coffee-bean::coffee-bean:

mwhartman

Mar 24, 2011
Central PA
Visit site
I've had two Krups coffee makers. The first was excellent. Sadly, our current machine does not make good coffee. We purchased it from Williams-Somoma who worked with Krups to make a coffee machine just for WS.

Would not recommend it to anyone.

Mike

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 14, 2010
Coffee Country, USA
Visit site
I've had two Krups coffee makers. The first was excellent. Sadly, our current machine does not make good coffee. We purchased it from Williams-Somoma who worked with Krups to make a coffee machine just for WS.

Would not recommend it to anyone.

Mike

Mike,

Do you happen to know the model number... and maybe could you write up a full review similar to mine above? :) (In a new thread, of course)