Saeco Royal Professional Expert Repair Help Needed - No Amateurs Please

Herb_VA

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a Saeco Royal Professional bought in 2001. It has been an awesome machine. I changed the boiler in 2004 and replaced the O-rings in 2008. It has been De-calcified fairly regularly.

Last month, I got a brew group blocked error. After reading online about all the possible problems, I decided to send it to an Authorized Saeco Repair facility. They were nice people who were not very good technicians. They said it was just a brew group micro switch. So the cleaning and servicing of my machine cost $250. After one day the problem came back. The Authorized Saeco Repair facility decided it was now the brew group gearbox. They said it would be another $300 because they did not repair the gearbox, only replaced them. By the way, the micro switch the Authorized Saeco Repair facility sent back with my machine checked out perfectly.

So, I opened the gearbox and found broken teeth on both gears. I marked the gear locations and replaced them. The machine was up and running again. About 4 lattes, the problem was back. I checked the gears and they were fine. I called the Authorized Saeco Repair facility for advice. The owner suggested the gearbox motor might be worn out. I replaced the motor but I it did not help. I removed the brew group and tripped the micro switch to verify that it was not the brew group binding.

So any ideas?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
The only advice I can offer you since I don't repair home units of these is to keep your head up and don't let it get you down. Might suggest breaking out a multimeter and back probing everything that deals with that circuit. Maybe your not getting enough power to the motor?

I can tell you that you have surpassed your planned obsolescence by several years. These machines weren't meant for long term usage. I'd say you got your money out of it. If you can't find the problem I would highly suggest you look into buying a new machine and hope you get another 10 years out of it.

Good luck either way!

amazon196969

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I purchase my saeco royal cappucino in 2008(ish), 2 parts fell out on first wash bing the coffee unit scrapper and spring didn't do anything for the unit not to function...although upon recently trying the pregound coffee section doesn't seem to work and now have the ventilation issue...thismachine hasonly had very light use...water and stems no problem, grinds beans but no coffee in cup!!!