Saeco Incanto Sirius Grinder issue

nottheedge

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I just joined the forum, but I have been a long time reader here.

We have an approx. 5 year old Saeco Incanto Sirius superautomatic espresso machine, and up to now, I have been able to sort out its various intermittent errors and quirks, but this time, the grinder is blocked, and I have cleaned and cleaned it, and it won't move at all. It appears to be seized up. I am also having trouble taking the machine apart enough to get into the grinder area, and I'm not sure what I would do if I succeeded in that either.

So what should I do? I'm in the Raleigh, NC area, and I would be interested in taking it in for maintenance if this sounds like something someone could fix, and if that type of maintenance service even exists. Otherwise, is there somewhere I can find a manual?

I have read many places that Saeco's customer service is absolutely atrocious and takes months to do anything, so that option is out. This machine is pretty expensive, so I'd like to fix it if possible.

Thanks!

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
Rarely will anyone recommend purchasing a superautomatic machine. They are expensive ways to make mediocre coffee beverages. Among the machines at the bottom of the pile are the Saeco machines. If you can see where the coffee goes into the grinder, use a vacuum cleaner to pull oput as much of teh coffee as you can from the hopper, and if you can see the burrs, use a wood dowel to see if you can get any movement out of the burrs. Also try to use the grind adjustment to get the most coarse setting possible and then try to run it.

As you are finding, these machines in general can be a nightmare to service and usually little can be done by the home handy-person. It is sad that a jammed grinder necessitates a service call.

nottheedge

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't even know who I could call in this area. I called a couple of small appliance repair places but they couldn't help. I definitely cleaned the burrs on the grinder as much as I can without taking the whole thing apart.

stts

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Since you took it apart, you probably didnt get it back together right. I took the grinder on my incanto apart and discovered something interesting. There is a pen mark on the grinder adjustment gear. The adjustment knob has built in stops at smallest and largest grind. But the gear itself with the knob removed turns as far as you want untill the grinder faces actually contact each other. So when you put the machine back together, you have to make sure the grinder faces are backed off slightly from each other for the finest grind, then insert the knob with it turned all the way to the fine grind. This way the grinder faces wont jamb together when you turn the knob to fine grind. Other than that, there is no way the grinder should jamb up unless the motor is damaged and doesnt have full torque. As far as the pen mark, I dont know where it was supost to be on my grinder. It seemed to be in an arbotrary spot. It could be that somebody else already took mine apart and didnt put the pen mark at the factory location. My machine works good, so I must have gotten it close enough.

DenDen60

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
For those interested, I found a diagram for the Saeco Sirius. Go to partsguru.com/user/Incanto%20Sirius%20Diagram.pdf
Unfortunately, I do not know how to release the grinder, because mine is block also.

Any help welcome.

DenDen60

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok I was able to open it and clean the grinder area, but it still says it is blocked. :-( Hope I won't have to bring it to the store for repair.

DenDen60

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I was able to clean the coffee between the ceramic grinders but the it still says that It is block. :-(

I did find a lot of technical information here partsguru.com/SaecoIncantoSirius.html but it did not solve the problem.

Stranger

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I was able to clean the coffee between the ceramic grinders but the it still says that It is block. :-(

I did find a lot of technical information here partsguru.com/SaecoIncantoSirius.html but it did not solve the problem.

(Sorry, can't post embedded, clickable, URLs as this is my first post, remove the _ with www)

I stumbled on this searching for a good price to fix likely the same problem.

I had the same symptoms last week but seem to have no fear taking this thing apart since I have to resolve quite a few minor issues with it.

I suspect you've got the same issue as I do. The plastic gear for the grinder has likely worn down and therefore doesn't spin and the machine perceives it as "blocked" because the gear isn't spinning and therefore the machine isn't sensing the movement of the magnets in the gear. It's part #16 here http://www.partsguru.com/user/Ceramic Grinder parts diagram.jpg The replacement is www.saecoparts.com/Saeco_Plastic_Gear_with_Magnet_p/226000100.htm, however read the description and look at the diagrams. If your unit is like mine I have the older smaller teeth and therefore seem to need, and would make sense, www.saecoparts.com/Saeco_Odea_Giro_Plastic_Gear_p/226000300k.htm as the old wheel with small teeth is discontinued due to them wearing out to easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranger

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello "DedDen60"

I did a search to try to help you with your problem. Take a look at some of the solutions that other people have posted. Scroll down and look at the topics:

I hope it helps.

Rose

Hello Super Moderator,

Please make the links in my post clickable (wow, I cant even reply to a post with links in it!)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "Stranger"

Welcome to the Coffee Forum website.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to put links into your posts until you reach a certain number of posts to the Forum. The Admininstrators of the Fourm set the guidelines for our protection.

For now, you can enclose a URL to a web address, within your message, in parentheses, and people can decide whether or not they want to copy and paste it into their browser and see the web page that way.

I hope this helps.

Rose

Stranger

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello "Stranger"

Welcome to the Coffee Forum website.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to put links into your posts until you reach a certain number of posts to the Forum. The Admininstrators of the Fourm set the guidelines for our protection.

For now, you can enclose a URL to a web address, within your message, in parentheses, and people can decide whether or not they want to copy and paste it into their browser and see the web page that way.

I hope this helps.

Rose

It would make the post, and this forum, more useful if those links were enabled. I understand the safety precautions but suggest that if you look at those links you'll see their not malicious and on topic/relevant.

I may never hit 5 posts but wanted to help since it's likely the fix to the problem that nobody else offered up.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello again "Stranger"

We appreciate your help and suggestions about fixing the Saeco Grinder problem. I attempted to fix your links so they're clickable. So far, it looks like everything works okay.

You'd be surprised at the number of new people who try to use this forum to promote their SPAM or do something malicious to people's computers. I appreciate your understanding of the safety precautions for new members.

I hope you will continue to participate in this forum.

Rose

Last edited:

DenDen60

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi Pink Rose. Thanks for the links. I had already seen them and it did not help me.

Hi Stranger (Hi sound weird as I read this:decaf: ) I actually just dismantle the motor this afternoon and found the gear ruined. I was coming to the board to ask where to find this and I saw your respons (Saecoparts.com is a slow site. :images:)

Thanks

I will call the service company here to see if they have some in stock.

ellenkarty

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't even know who I could call in this area. I called a couple of small appliance repair places but they couldn't help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: