coffee temperature problem

This is a discussion on coffee temperature problem within the Coffee and Espresso Machines forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; I own a Delonghi citiz nespresso machine, and the main reason why I'm not satisfied is that the coffee simply isn't hot enough. I tried ...

coffee temperature problem

I own a Delonghi citiz nespresso machine, and the main reason why I'm not satisfied is that the coffee simply isn't hot enough. I tried heating the cup or letting water run in the machine beforehand, but I never managed to get the temperature of the coffee even close to what you would expect in a bar or at home with a percolator. I would like some advice regarding a new coffee maker (a "bean to cup" machine): the choice is between a delonghi superautomatic of the ecam series (which I am reluctant to buy because of past experiences with delonghi, but is the cheaper alternative) or a Saeco Syntia. Of course, the main criterion is the temperature of the coffee. I hope someone can help me out! Thank you

2. # ADS

Machines like you mention use thermoblock heating systems and they rarely ever get to a decent brewing temperature/pressure, leaving lower temperature brown water that leaves alot to be desired. I will ask how long you are letting the machine heat up before using it. I don't care what owner manuals state, a matter of minutes isn't enough for ANY machine to heat up properly. The more metal the longer it takes.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

thank you for your reply. If I let the machine heat up for the minimum required I get a coffee I can sip as though it were water, as soon as it comes out. I tried letting the machine heat up for a longer period of time, heating the cup and letting water flow in the machine, but the results only slightly improved. I have come across automatic machines that do make a hot cup of coffee, but I have no certain info regarding the models that are on the market now, so I wanted to make sure before I go out and spend hundreds of euros, and I'd prefer to buy for the delonghi which is cheaper, has very similar tech specs and a nicer design. If you have a simple, better alternative to automatic machines I would be very interested. Another thing: what is a thermoblock heating system?

A thermoblock is basically a maze of passages with an imbedded heating coil that flash heats the water as it passes through. See image below...

Name:  Alu%20thermoblock%20inside.jpg
Views: 5079
Size:  4.2 KB
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Ads