Vintage cofee machine steam

Hello, mi name is manuel and i`m from argentina. I have just finished restoring my old coffee machine and i think that it was made long long ago.
The problem that y need to solve is related to the preasure.

First is this how do i know if it´s a cofee machine or expresso machine?

Second, i have steam at 0,1 bar = 0,1 kg/cm2 and the security valve opens when it increases that number. Is this the right preasure to make coffee or i need more preasure?
I asume that this is a coffee machine that releases water due to the inside preasure of the steam, so theres is no need of any tipe of preasure machine like the latest coffee machines.

As i am new i can`t post imagines.

thanks

manuel

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
Sr. Manuel,

It sounds like what you may have is a stovetop espresso machine. These go on a cooking stove or alcohol burner and the steam pushes the water through the coffee. These are called moka pots. Some refer to them as espresso makers, but in these modern times espresso is usually made with water forced through the coffee at around 9BAR.

Without a picture it is hard to say more than that.

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
Manuel, I could not have been much more wrong with my guess. I am not knowledgeable as to what brand that machine is, but that is what I would call a museum piece and your restoration is beautiful! But if you send a picture addressed to Stefano he will be able to tell you about it. He is Italian and has been repairing espresso machines for a long time. Send the message to [email protected]

Randy, don´t worry we all make mistakes. I took me quite time to restore it and make it functional also.
The brand is Argentinian and there´s not much info about it on the internet.
I´m planing to restore another of this cofee machine but much more bigger.
I could make a post later with the restoration process of the future coffee machine.

I will send a mail right away to estefano.

thanks again

Manuel