An effective way to refill nespresso capsules

123coffee

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If your nespresso machine doesn't function properly with reused capsules, its probably because it doesn't make the holes in the aluminum properly, so you have to make them. You can make the holes with the tip of a pointy knife as seen on the picture below. With this method you'll end the monopoly of nestle and use the quality coffee of your choice.
2rqhkk2.jpg

1joqkg.jpg

Last edited:

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
Very nice. I have seen capsule kits at the kitchen store. It looked like a good solution for exploring beyond that which is offered commercially. Not owning a machine of this type, I didnt look further.

Rather than punch so many holes with a knife, why not use use part of a kitchen grater? I am sure one could be had from a yard sale for $0.25 or less than $5 new. Possibly cut out a round section to make the holes, and then maybe fashion it to a sharp ring to cut the foil in a pattern the proper size for your capsule. Might take a little fabrication effort, but in the long run it will take 30 seconds or less to refill a capsule without the busy work.

Great idea btw !

mycoffeepod

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
This method shown is just messy and time consuming.

This method shown is just messy and time consuming.
Try MyCoffeePod Refillable & Reusable Capsules, there is no need to fiddle around trying to make your coffee. The Nespresso machine is famous for instant great tasting coffee and if people are looking for refillable capsules without that fuss try MyCoffeePod Refillable Capsules!

Visit the website mycoffeepod . com . au