What Coffee grinder for drip coffee

skinner2008

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I am wanting to start grinding my own beans and I don't drink espresso I just use a drip coffee pot do I need a expensive grinder like the rocky rancilio or will a lesser grinder work for what I will be doing. I want a burr grinder just dont want to over spend for what I am doing thanks

Vucko

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Making the investment in equipment that you will always use is worth it. If you drink coffee 3-5x a week, then this is one of those simple pleasures in like. Don't spoil it. Just because you drink drip does not downgrade your drink. But buiying preground, which goes flat quickly, will downgrade the flavor. I bought my burr about 7 years ago and it is still going strong. If i paid $60 for it, then the grinder cost me <$10 per year. I drink coffee 7x week, that brings the cost down even more per drink. You can justify it any way you want.

kopikopi

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
My opinion:

Manual burr grinder: Hario Slim $40.

Aeropress: $26

Bialetti stovetop: $21

French Press: $20

That's 3 different coffee makers and a grinder. Don't go for anything automatic if you're just starting out, don't buy any fancy junk, don't start with espresso machines. Get to know coffee first. Also remember to brush your teeth, coffee stains :)